Lil Wayne's Joint Album With Juelz Santana Resulted In Human Being II

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

Lil Wayne and Juelz Santana have long promised to release the collaboration album Can't Feel My Face, but a few things (including Wayne's 2010 stint in jail) have caused endless delays. According to Wayne however, the failed collaboration with Juelz has resulted in his forthcoming album I Am Not A Human Being II"I actually got at Elz when I got out and told him, 'Man, I think it's time we really capitalize on that,' " Wayne recalled to Amanda Seales of MTV's"Hip Hop POV" in an outtake from last week's episode.

It's more than six years in the making, but for a time, I Can't Feel My Facewas one of rap's most-anticipated projects. Now that Weezy has put his legal troubles behind him, it's Santana who's facing drama after his New Jersey recording studio was raided in January 2011.

"He can't work how he wants to work because they shut down his studio," Wayne explained. "I sent him some music and he didn't send them back in the time-fashion that I work."

Never one to remain idle, Tunechi took the songs that he had set aside for the joint album and repurposed them for his upcoming I Am Not a Human Being II solo LP. "I started putting extra verses on those songs and I've moved on," he confirmed. "Now what probably would've been I Can't Feel My Face, has now turned into I Am Not a Human Being."

During a June 2011 interview on "RapFix Live," Juelz gave his own reasoning for the delay. "It wasn't no one reason it didn't happen. Me and Wayne always was on the same page, musically, as far as friendship-wise," he said. "I'm just happy we didn't let that get in the way of us being cool, being able to do things in the future; we ain't let it get to us."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/04/25/lil-wayne-joint-album-juelz-santana-human-being-ii/]View the full article[/url]