chopped & screwed Hotel California (Eagles)

girlwoo

i heard it tonight on houston's 104.9 choppaholix. it was cool. i can't seem to find any info about it. i wonder if they chopped&screwed it there as it was being played or if it's recorded somewhere to buy or download. leslie

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

I could chop & screw it myself ... I'm bored ... I think I'll do it right now and put it up for download for about less than 24 hours ... just so more people can give a listen to it.

Edited by .::BeatFactory::.

screwing: slowing the music down

chopping: kind of a stutter like instead of saying "hit me baby one more time" it's "hit hit me baby one more time" but still keeping the same spot on the song (it requires two turntables with two songs slightly (a second or less usually) apart timewise)

Here ya go:

Careful, it's a big 16.6 MB file... 320 kbs VBR LAME encoded:

EDIT: PM me if you want me to send it to you via some instant messenger

Feedback is welcome :)

Edited by .::BeatFactory::.

Argg me matey. A tough call about what I thought of that. I have a serious respect for the Eagle's music, so I was saddened that it ended up chopping a few words out at the beginning of lines. The effect was great otherwise. The music sounded even cooler in this format than usual.

I'll give it a b+. :good job:

So...................If a person 'looked around', would they find chopped versions of songs to be had?

I knew it might catch a fan off gaurd, but I just did it for the member. I don't usually do songs like that ... whenever I do it, it's usually some R&B or rap song. The Choppaholix in Houston will do damn near any song... they even do songs from Mexico and other Spanish music, stuff like The Eagles, and of course, rap and R&B.

About the music, it's all over the place ... the most popular screwed and chopped songs come from an independent label in Houston, Texas called Swishahouse ( http://www.swishahouse.com ) although the Choppaholix ( http://www.choppaholix.com ) are a growing force in Houston as well. Chingo Bling is a major part of the Choppaholix, he is a serious rapper, only 18 (I believe) and even does parodies of songs (at times he's like a mexican Weird Al).

Anyway, Choppaholix has a program on Party 104.9 in Houston and the Swishahouse has a program on 97.9 The Boxx in Houston and if I'm not mistaken, they compete and run at the same time (Sunday evenings).

I posted earlier that this wouldn't be up longer than 24 hours... it's gone now, but just PM me if you want it.