Bobbi Kristina Wants Whitney Houston Role In Biopic

NelsonG

Getty Images

By Miranda Johnson

With many celebrities expressing their interests in the lead role for a Whitney Houston biopic, Bobbi Kristina has finally given her opinion on who should play the iconic singer.  Although Rihanna, Meagan Good, and J-Hud are all trying to claim the role, Houston’s 19-year-old daughter feels she would be the perfect person to play her mother, according to TMZ.

Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Cast In Tyler Perry Show

A source for TMZ reports that Bobbi thinks she should indeed take on the role of the superstar. She told them no one knew her [Whitney] better. Then she reportedly added if that Eazy-E’s son could play his father in a movie, she could play her mother.

Last month, during a 90-minute special aired that aired on OWN, the 19-year-old told Oprah, "I have to carry on the legacy. We're gonna do the singing thing, some acting, some dancing. It's a lot of pressure, but she prepared me for it."

She explained that despite growing up with a superstar parent, she still saw Whitney simply as her mother. "I just saw her as mom. The first time I saw her as a worldwide icon was when we went on tour. And the funeral. ... She made an impact not only on a few people. She made an impact on the world. That's when it hit me."

Rihanna Would Be Honored To Play Whitney Houston In Biopic

Whitney Houston was buried in Newark, New Jersey back in February but there has been some recent outcry about the burial costs. Taxpayers in the city of Newark are upset about having to pay the added costs for Newark police security that maintained public safety and barriers between fans and the proceedings. Newark has incurred $187,000 in costs for police overtime due to nearly 200 police officers being stationed at the New Baptist Church, which housed the funeral.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/04/09/bobbi-kristina-as-whitney-houston-biopic/]View the full article[/url]