Rihanna In Elle: Breakup With Chris Brown 'Gave Me Guns'

NelsonG

Getty Images

By Sowmya Krishnamurthy

Rihanna is holding nothing back in her new cover story for Elle. She speaks candidly about her breakup with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, saying, “It gave me guns. I was like, well, f---. They know more about me than I want them to know. It’s embarrassing. But that was my opening. That was my liberation, my moment of bring it. […] Now you know that, so you can say what you want about it. I don’t have anything to hide.”

Rihanna and Chris have left tongues wagging, and many confused, with their recent reconciliation. The beleaguered pair even collaborated on two remix songs released earlier this year.

Rihanna tells Elle, “The bottom line is that everyone thinks differently. It’s very hard for me to accept, but I get it. People end up wasting their time on the blogs or whatever, ranting away, and that’s all right. Because tomorrow I’m still going to be the same person. I’m still going to do what I want to do.”

Three years ago, Chris Brown was charged with felony assault around an alleged incident with then-girlfriend Rihanna in Los Angeles. Brown was sentenced to five years probation.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/04/04/rihanna-chris-brown-breakup-elle-magazine/]View the full article[/url]

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now