Drake Hints At An Aaliyah Collaboration

NelsonG

By Sowmya Krishnamurthy

Is Drake planning a posthumous Aaliyah collaboration? “I have some great Aaliyah news coming soon,” Drizzy shared with the UK’s Tim Westwood while promoting his Club Paradise Tour overseas. When probed about a collaboration, he responded. “Some special things. Great things man. Great things for music, period.” Drake, who has a tattoo of the late singer on his back, explained that he loved her music and despite being R&B, it was something as a man, he felt comfortable listening to. Drake Admits To Sharing Girls With Lil Wayne In GQ Verse

“You know it’s hard for me to ride around to a female singer because at the end of the day, you’re a man, but she always kept it so G with the writing and the melodies. It was something to ride to, especially when it was chopped and crewed. That’s when I used to love.”

There has been talk about a new Aaliyah album buzzing already. Earlier this month, producer, Jeffery “J. Dub” Walker of The Hitmen tweeted that a posthumous Aaliyah album could be on the way. “Just got great news today; the smash unreleased song called “Steady Ground” I produced on #Aaliyah is gonna be on her upcoming album:)” he wrote. There has been no confirmation from Aaliyah’s label, Background Records (distributed via Interscope) that the album is being produced.

Aaliyah released her debut album Age Ain’t Nothing but a Number in 1994, followed by 1996’s breakthrough One in a Million and 2001’s Aaliyah. After her death, the two posthumous albums, 2002’s I Care 4 U and 2005’s Ultimate Aaliyah were released featuring best-of material and unreleased songs.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/04/02/drake-hints-aaliyah-collaboration/]View the full article[/url]