Reverend Run Defends Diggy Simmons In J. Cole Beef

NelsonG

A new track from Diggy Simmons surfaced on Sunday morning (April 1) taking a few shots at J.Cole and the song has stirred up quite a bit of talk on Twitter. Seems like Diggy's dad, Run-DMC's Reverend Run, has been keeping an eye on the feedback because he tweeted in defense of his son this morning, writing, "@RevRunWisdom: J Cole.. Puts out 2 records Dissing family & Diggy & nobody cared.. Some1 leaks a old Diggy record & there's a problem?" Yikes.

Read the full story below, then hit the poll to vote. Did Diggy make the right move by dissing J. Cole?

Diggy sent a few shots J. Cole’s way on “What You Say To Me,” a surprising dis track that made it’s way onto the Internet Sunday morning. Apparently the 17-year old Simmons has taken exception to a few of Cole’s lyrics, specifically the second verse on the Roc Nation MC’s “Purple Rain.”

On the 2010 track Jermaine describes a sexual tryst with a preacher’s daughter, widely speculated to be in reference to Digg’s sister Vanessa Simmons.

Cole also name dropped Vanessa on “Grew Up Fast,” a song he released in February after he reached two million Twitter followers. “What up Vanessa? I loved ya that one semester,” he spit after he rhymed, “You n---as is not Russell, you’re more Diggy/ Me I’m more Biggie.” To his credit, J. Cole did clean up the insult later in the song saying that he didn’t mean to dis Diggy, he was simply rapping.

Whatever the case, Digg clearly felt the sing and addressed it directly on his new song. “The other day I was listening to ‘Purple Rain’/ Couldn’t believe all of the things I heard him say,” Diggy spits on “What You Say to Me.” The 17-year old Simmons continues with “Who Dat, who dat? You know who it is/ Heard you lying on my sis, tellin’ people that you hit/ When ya album drops, I’ma hit you with your brick/ So I’ma bomb first on you since you wanna riff.”

Diggy went on to question Cole’s track record with women calling him a “broke back Jake Gyllenhaal” and then dares him to call his Roc Nation boss Jay-Z into the fray. Whoa!

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/04/01/diggy-simmons-j-cole-beef-reverend-run-defends/]View the full article[/url]