Beanie Sigel And Scarface Team Up For 'Mac And Brad' Album

NelsonG

By Sowmya Krishnamurthy

Houston’s finest meets Philly’s own: Scarface and Beanie Sigel are working on a collaborative album. The joint project will be title Mac and Brad, an homage to Scarface’s given name and Beanie’s nickname as well as their 2008 joint track of the same name on Sigel’s 2000 album The TruthThe news was broken on Statik Selektah’s Shade 45 radio show and then confirmed via both Statik and Scarface’s Twitter accounts. “Follow the real beanie @BeanieSigelSP Mac and Brad comin soon......” Face tweeted on March 30.

Both rappers have been largely quiet these last few years so understandably, fans immediately took to Twitter to share their excitement for new music. Sentiment included tweets like “Holy s--- fellas...THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!,” “S--- JUST GOT REAL FOR RAP MUSIC!!!!!” “epitome of grit, “ “fakers can really kiss the game goodbye” and “Cant wait TWO OF THE REALEST.”

Many remember Sigel most recently, for his rift with former mentor Jay-Z in 2009. At the time, Sigel shared with DJ Whoo Kid that he wanted Jay to respond to his dis (which Hov never officially did). “"I don't think there's much a person could say about me," Beanie said. "My gangster's never been on trial. At the end of the day, what can you say about a real n---a? I ain't never tell on nobody. I was never in an awkward position where I had to curb my manhood. ... Jay can rap. You can't take anything from Jay, but yo, I'm nice, cuz. I'm nice!"

Although Sigel seemed to have buried the hatchet in an interview with XXL magazine in 2011, he never admitted to fully apologizing, according to an interview with DJ Green Lantern on Sirius XM. “I never made a public apology, I talked to somebody from a magazine, and they brought that issue up. You never hear me say ‘apology.’ What I said was, to stop that interviewer from asking me those questions, and everybody else who asked those questions... I felt how I felt and I still feel how I feel,” said Siegel.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/03/30/beanie-sigel-scarface-joint-album/]View the full article[/url]