Game Weighs In On Trayvon Martin Case

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

Trayvon Martin's murder has had the nation up in arms for weeks now and Game is the latest member of the hip-hop community to weigh in on the controversial case. "I think that from the beginning of mankind, we as a people have always been targeted," Game told MTV News last week. 

Young Jeezy Calls For Community Effort In Trayvon Martin Case

On February 26, Martin was shot dead by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman as he walked back to the home of a family friend in a gated Sanford, Florida, community. Zimmerman told police that he believed Martin — who was wearing a hooded sweatshirt — looked suspicious. After a call to 911, the dispatcher advised him not to pursue Martin. But Zimmerman reportedly ignored those instructions and pursued Martin anyway.

When police arrived on the scene, the teen was dead. Although Zimmerman admitted to the shooting, police declined to arrest him citing the state's Stand Your Ground law, which allows a person to kill in cases of self-defense. Trayvon's parents, community leaders and protestors were outraged and have been crying for justice ever since.

"For some, reason people don't think that they need any excuse to kill us, beat us, hit us, run us over, disrespect us or anything like that," Game said of the country's history of racial tension and violence.

"I'm far from racist," he continued. "I'm very educated and intellectual and I understand how life works and how people of all colors exist under the sun, but it just seems like more than not black people are, I don't know, there's always some negative occurrence that goes on in our existence. This is just another reminder that stupidity still exists."

On Monday, the Orlando Sentinel reported that unidentified investigators in the case told them that Zimmerman had a different take on the events of February 26. The 28-year-old told law enforcement that Martin struck him and bashed his head on the ground before he shot the teenager in the chest, killing him.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/03/27/trayvon-martin-case-game-weighs-in/]View the full article[/url]