Mozilla 1.8 Alpha1

method77

Well, I think a lot of people use Mozilla because they don't want to use IE, because of some security concerns, and because it's made by Microsoft, not because Mozilla is a flawless browser.

The fact is, IE renders pages better, in my opinion, and is compatible with more pages than Mozilla (which isn’t fair, because Mozilla is standards compliant, and IE can handle the non-standards because most of them come from Microsoft, thus Mozilla can’t handle the poor coding. This is irrelevant however, from an end user point of view. I want the damn page rendered correctly.). I also believe it's more stable from the user point of view. Mozilla occasionally crashes on me (hell, it's just closed for no known reason about 3 times). IE hardly ever crashes.

Mozilla's open nature (plug-ins galore) makes it good though. Mozilla has some things that need ironing (and I wish the integrated spell-check plug-in for forum submittal content and such, worked with the current version of Mozilla).

All in all, I’ve gritted my teeth thus far, and have continued to use Mozilla instead.

I hope I’m not disappointed in my decision.

ah..its second rate to ..KMELEON

did i mention that

"K-Meleon is a Windows-based web browser based on Gecko, the Mozilla rendering engine. K-Meleon is fast, extremely customizable and is fully standards-compliant."

so its like mozilla..but alot better..

Hmmm..haven't used this browser in a while, except for on the computers in the "secret" honors lab at school (free-use printers, oh yeah!)--maybe I'll have to check this out, unless this K-Meleon is really a lot better.

In what ways do you find it is better Jipper?

Ken Posted on May 21 2004, 09:07 PM

Mozilla occasionally crashes on me (hell, it's just closed for no known reason about 3 times). IE hardly ever crashes.

btw Ken--IE crashes on me at least once a week...

http://toastytech.com/good/badsitelistframe.html

I understand, i'm sympathetic, but I want to view pages. This is just an example. I don't think i'd ever want to a browse a few of the sites on this list. The point is that IE supports pratically everything, because it isn't standards compliant, and Mozilla doesn't, because it follows standards.

Ass-backwards, yes, but it's reality.

"Crash" in this case almost always means that a particular browser window freezes up, and according to the ctr+alt+del / the task manager, the window is not reponding. Closing it turns into this cascading closure of all the other open browser windows; IE basically shuts itself off.

More of a pain in the ass than anything else. But still it does happen often enough, and I'm running XP or 2000 on everything, so I can't blame it on an antiquated OS.