• Sheer Heart Attack (1974)
    • Queen II (1974)
    • A Night At The Opera (1975)
    • A Day At The Races (1976)
    • News Of The World (1977)
    • Jazz (1978)
    • Live Killers (1979)

• 5 weeks later...

someone i work with got, as a birthday present, all of queen's cd's (copied for her from a relative who knows she just loves them) ... she's copying them for me ... so queen II will be the 1st i give an ear to hear ...

i just finished watching the dvd "Queen - Live at Wembley Stadium" ... their 1986 "A Magic Show" ... i really enjoyed it ... loved, loved watching the few times that Freddie played the piano, especially when he played parts of "seven seas of Rhye," ... he sure could move those fingers over those keys ... truly amazing to see ...

but besides enjoying seeing the concert, i also really enjoyed the 2nd dvd, with the extras ... the interviews of the band members, and those that organized that concert, then and now, those still with us, looked back ...

: )

oved, loved watching the few times that Freddie played the piano, especially when he played parts of "seven seas of Rhye," ... he sure could move those fingers over those keys ... truly amazing to see ...

No doubt!! Freddie was classicly trained at a private school in India as a teenager.

:groovin:

someone i work with got, as a birthday present, all of queen's cd's (copied for her from a relative who knows she just loves them) ... she's copying them for me ...

She loves them so much that shes having the cds burned? :wha':

Edited by Crazy Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

yup, i am so enjoying my queen II cd ... my favorite song on it, played and replayed, is "some day one day" ... just love the sound of that song ... as a matter of fact ... it's now playing!! :P

You never heard my song before

The music was too loud

But now I think you hear me well

For now we both know how

No star can light our way

In this cloud of dark and fear

But someday one day

Funny how the pages turn

And hold us in between

A misty castle waits for you

And you shall be a queen

Today the cloud it hangs

Over us and all is grey

But someday one day

When I was you and you were me

And we were very young

Together took us nearly there

The rest may not be sung

So still the cloud it hangs

Over us and we're alone

But some day one day

We'll come home

:wub:

yup, i am so enjoying my queen II cd ... my favorite song on it, played and replayed, is "some day one day" ... just love the sound of that song ... as a matter of fact ... it's now playing!! tongue.gif

Great song. A brian May composition. It makes me feel good to see a lot of people just discovering the Queen catalog. But on the other hand, it makes me feel old to realize that I remember this music from when it was new.

:lol::lol:

I'll second that Rainbow.........I remember when "Another One Bites The Dust" came out......my niece was all of 13 years old and she said to me, "hey Uncle Rob, have you heard that new band Queen and the song that's playing on the radio a lot?"

I promptly sat her down and me and my wife began showing her all my Queen albums. She said "Gee, they don't look that old." I couldn't help but laugh, now she's a Queenaholic.

Edited by Cerebral_Assassin

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
I voted for Sheer heart attack just above A night at the opera, probably because it was the first Queen album I bought, although I see I'm the only one to have voted for it.

Well, after only 9 votes in three years, I've come to the conclusion that Queen just isn't a very popular band around here!!

:(

I still like them :)

I think the problem is one of no longer being current... rather than one of being unpopular.

You give up too easy Joe. Give it a little more time. :lol:

Agreed. I would have voted, but I didn't see 'None Of the Above' :lol:

In my opinion Queen's music has aged better than some of their more revered comtemporaries [Led Zeppelin, for example, some of their work sounds self-indulgent now, although I rated them more highly in the 70s] and they wrote greatly entertaining songs that can still make me smile when I listen to them [like White Queen and Brighton rock. I like them more now than I did in the 70s.