Posting News? Read here first!

Malicious Intent

Other sites have had some troubles with copyright on news stories, so here is quick guide to posting:

>For Associated Press and Reuters, please only post the first few paragraphs followed by a link to the rest of the story.

>Look out for copyright signs on other website which may disallow the posting of a full article. Usually in the form:

"Copyright 2004 [Publisher's Name]. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed."

>Slyck also prefer that we do not copy the whole article.

>http://news.bbc.co.uk is an excellent resource of articles which can be copied.

>However much you copied, please always link to the source.

Sorry for all the rules. Thanks and have fun!

Because new pinned articles in music and entertainment automatically post there--in the new design, we will hopefully be able to post directly into the forum--right now we dont have that option

Now I have the taste for it Mr Jip, there will be no stopping me!

ZP has had some trouble in the past with copying entire articles from websites with copyright notices. As BK grows in profile, I think that it is prudent to follow the rules when it comes to posting news.

It isn't like it causes people posting any extra bother. I expect that people who post full articles don't know the rules, rather than breaking them without worrying about it. I know I didn't previously know what to post and what not to.

I can't invision any problems from album covers, as that is free publicity for the artisit(s) and record labels involved.

I can't invision any problems from album covers, as that is free publicity for the artisit(s) and record labels involved.

The RIAA has shut down album cover websites before.

In their eyes, even album covers are too much.

Hopefully the majority of images we use are only illustration size, rather than the high quality scans available on CD cover sites. I expect it is all about context as well.

I see your point; we will leave it down to BK management to decide if it is a risk or not!

I will be sure to comply with the new news regs when posting articles in the future.

Question: are album covers still covered if they have become incorporated into other imagery...into a work of art let's say? Suppose I had someone take a picture of me holding Black Sabbath's Paranoid LP...my understanding is that I could copywrite the photo I took, making me the proprietor. Or if I took the image of some other album cover and incorporated it into a colorful collage-like background...

Trying to pull a Schwarzennegar on us, CTC? I know you've got a good mug, but have you copyrighted it yet?

ZP has had some trouble in the past with copying entire articles from websites with copyright notices. As BK grows in profile, I think that it is prudent to follow the rules when it comes to posting news.

That wasnt really the fault of people submitting news there, moreso the orgainzation and people running the news at that time. Which ultimately that was another thing left for me to deal with even though i knew nothing about it.

If worse comes to worse here then the news forums could be set to moderated and each one would have to get reviewed, and modified before posting it.

I think the default forum skin should be grey style because it looks pretty sweet.

I think the default forum skin should be grey style because it looks pretty sweet.

I like that skin a lot too but we had a poll a while ago and everybody voted for midnight metal skin

Yeah,

Copying the whole articles got a little annoying anways. It actually is much quicker to put the first couple of paragraphs and the source.

It's good that a lot of articles start off with the first paragraph in bold, so it helps stress what points in the article to emphasize.

Why don't we just post and pin the page of submitting rules we made 2 months ago?

Guide to Submissions

Good idea. We should also included in the BK Guidelines at the top. I also think its a good idea to share the info here with the members so they can provide input, and understand why we are posting guidelines to begin with.