2 Chainz Brings Out Kanye West, Big Sean At SXSW

NelsonG

AUSTIN, Texas -- Kanye West has been relatively quiet since debuting his second collection at Paris Fashion Week in February. But the Louis Vuitton Don was back in the States on Wednesday night to make a surprise appearance at SXSW.

'Ye dropped into the SOB's 30th anniversary party in Austin, Texas, where he performed alongside G.O.O.D. Music signee Big Sean and fellow Def Jam artist 2 Chainz. The New York City venue planned the bash to celebrate their anniversary at the Belmont nightclub with scheduled performances from Slaughterhouse, Machine Gun Kelly, Miguel and Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz, but fans were in for a bigger treat.

Kanye West was spotted backstage while 2 Chainz began his set, which included hits like "Spend It" and "Turn Up," but it was unclear whether he would grab a mic. That was cleared up a few minutes later when West made a slow and deliberate entrance to the stage, pausing for effect alongside Chainz and Big Sean. With the crowd going wild, 'Ye assisted Sean on his hit single "Marvin & Chardonnay," before performing his own track, "Can't Tell Me Nothing."

Though Kanye's appearance may have come as a shock to some fans in attendance, it's safe to say that the writing has been on the wall. When 2Chainz visited "RapFix Live" last month, he told host Sway Calloway that he had been working with West for some time.

"One thing that people may not know is that I've been working with Kanye West for the past year," 2 Chainz said. "We have records together, we have ideas that we're planning on releasing to the world real soon. I'm tryna get my 'N---as in Paris' swag up."

Other notable appearances at the show included an MC Hammer cameo during Slaughterhouse's set. And West's surprise appearance continues the momentum that Jay-Z kicked off on Monday night with his first solo SXSW performance — and there's still plenty more to come.

SXSW is under way in Austin, Texas, and MTV News has you covered with all of the action. From the Woodies on March 15 to behind-the-scenes scoop on festival showcases from Lil Wayne, T.I., 50 Cent and many more, stick with us for unprecedented access!

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/03/15/2-chainz-brings-out-kanye-west-big-sean-at-sxsw/]View the full article[/url]