Nicki Minaj Challenges Jay-Z’s Throne In Allure Feature

NelsonG

Photo via Allure

By Sarah Brotherton

Forget about Friday, Nicki Minaj is pink everyday. On the April cover of Allure magazine, the YMCMB artist don’s her signature pink lipstick and matching pink curls for the magazine's spring 2012 issue. With long lash extensions, leather lavender gloves, and a light blue rosette shirt to contrast, there is no sign of Minaj’s alter ego “Roman” in the magazine set to hit newsstands on March 20th. Topics of discussion included dieting tricks, and even a challenge to Jay-Z.

Did Nicki Minaj Enlist Britney Spears For 'Roman Reloaded'?

In the featured article, Nicki discusses diet tricks that help her keep that Barbie bod, but don’t expect to find her in the gym. As quoted in the magazine, she says, “I’m naturally petite, but I definitely struggle with keeping those extra pounds off. And I hate working out. I can’t stand being on a treadmill. That mentally irks me. When I need to lose a few, I just cut out sugar and starch.”

That’s not all she had to say to Allure, either. When asked about her rising success as an MC and her future plans in the industry, Nicki replied with ambitions that go beyond just being a musical artist. “I never thought about music as just being the end-all, be-all. I always looked at it like a business, something that I could create an empire out of…. I had a little conversation with Jay-Z at the Victoria’s Secret fashion show. He said, ‘Congratulations on all your success.’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m coming for you. I’m coming for your spot, Mr. Mogul.’”

Nicki Minaj Talks Theater Background, Influence On Pop Culture

Watch out, Mr. Carter, looks like there could be a new Madame Mogul in town. Until then, we look forward to reading the rest of the feature and seeing more of Nicki’s stunning photos for the spread.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/03/13/nicki-minaj-allure-feature-challenges-jay-z/]View the full article[/url]