Bobbi Kristina Wants Name Change To Separate From Bobby Brown

NelsonG

By Nadeska Alexis

In 1993 Whitney Houston amended her will so that her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown would inherit her entire estate, and now the 19-year-old is reportedly attempting to make a move that her mother wouldn't allow previously. According to TMZ, Bobbi Kristina is trying to change her name to Kristina Houston, to rid herself of association with her father Bobby Brown.

Whitney Houston's Sister-In-Law Defends Bobby Brown On Oprah

TMZ reports that Bobbi Kristina has considered the name change for years, but failed to do so because of restrictions from her mother. In February, following her mother's death, Bobbi Kristina was rushed to the hospital where she was treated for anxiety. She's remained quiet about the tragedy up until this point, but on Sunday March 11 her first interview with Oprah Winfrey will air on the OWN network.

The interview will also include Whitney Houston's brother Gary Houston and her sister-in-law Patricia Houston, who recently defended Bobby Brown in a snippet of the show. “I can’t say that he introduced drugs to her; I don’t think that’s true,” she said. “Bobby and I had a good relationship. She (Whitney) would say, ‘You’re always trying to protect him.’ I said, ‘No, I’m protecting truth… I can’t do it any other way.’”

Ray J Opens Up About Whitney Houston: 'I Really Miss My Friend'

Patricia Houston added that her sister-in-law and Brown struggled from the beginning. “There was always so much outside interference… It was very hard,” she said. “Their reality was everyone else’s, and it’s very difficult if you’ve got family members that are demanding certain things from you, then the world demanding certain things from you. In all of that congestion, how can you make it work?”

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/03/11/bobbi-kristina-name-change-bobby-brown/]View the full article[/url]