Whitney Houston's Sister-In-Law Defends Bobby Brown On Oprah

NelsonG

By Nadeska Alexis

Oprah Winfrey has secured the first interview with Whitney Houston’s family since her death, which includes daughter Bobbi Kristina, brother Gary Houston and sister-in-law/manager Patricia Houston. The full interview is scheduled to air March 11 on OWN, but previews from the candid sit down have given us glimpses of the tough discussions. In the latest clip, Whitney’s sister-in-law Patricia Houston defends Bobby Brown, telling Oprah that he’s faced unnecessarily harsh criticism over the years.

Oprah’s Whitney Houston Interview: Sister-In-Law Was ‘Afraid’ For Singer

It has been widely speculated that Bobby Brown was the one responsible for Whitney’s drug habit, but Patricia Houston says this isn’t true. “I can’t say that he introduced drugs to her; I don’t think that’s true,” she said. “Bobby and I had a good relationship. She (Whitney) would say, ‘You’re always trying to protect him.’ I said, ‘No, I’m protecting truth… I can’t do it any other way.’”

While defending Brown’s role in Whitney’s life Patricia Houston added that their relationship faced unique problems from the very beginning. “There was always so much outside interference… It was very hard,” she said. “Their reality was everyone else’s, and it’s very difficult if you’ve got family members that are demanding certain things from you, then the world demanding certain things from you. In all of that congestion, how can you make it work?”

Oprah Winfrey’s full interview with Bobbi Kristina, Gary Houston and Patricia Houston will air during the special Oprah’s Next Chapter, on Sunday (March 11) at 9:00 p.m. ET.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/03/10/whitney-houston-sister-defends-bobby-brown-oprah/]View the full article[/url]