Lil Kim Believes Notorious B.I.G. Would Collaborate With Kanye West

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

Lil Kim shared a close bond with the Notorious B.I.G. and few people could have claimed to know the late rapper better than she did. During her recent visit to "RapFix Live," Kim opened up about being a huge fan of Biggie, and 15 years after his death, she shared her thoughts on who Biggie would collaborate with, were he still alive today.

"I was his biggest fan, rockin' with him. And I was shorty, I was his pride and joy. Sometimes he would say to me, 'I feel like you're my baby, like I birthed you,' " Kim said, laughing.

With a bond that intimate, there are few people more qualified than Kim to speculate on whom the Brooklyn Don might have collaborated with had he not died on that fateful March night. It's a question that fans have pondered for the past 15 years. "I think Kayne — I think he would've liked his determination because one thing I know about Kanye is when he wants something he will get on your nerves," Kim speculated.

Though Frank White enlisted Mobb Deep's Havoc to produce "Last Day," he never had a proper collaboration with the Queens duo. Kim thinks he would have liked that. "I know he was a big Mobb Deep fan. He liked Wu-Tang's music, I'll tell you, he liked their music despite all the craziness," she said, alluding to the feud that existed between Big and members of the Clan.

Still, Kim maintains that Biggie's favorite was Hov. "He and Jay-Z just had this adorable friendship — it was the cutest," she said. "They were so competitive with each other, but it was such a friendly competitiveness, and I loved it because that's how it's supposed to be when you like somebody."

Lil' Kim says that she feels blessed to be connected to the late rap great. "Sometimes I still don't believe I was part of that era," she admitted.

As their interview drew to a close, Sway posed a poignant final question: If there were anything you could say to Big right now, what would it be?

"I would say he did a good job, he did a good job. He should be proud of himself. He should be very proud," Kim replied. "He did some good things when he was here, I hope he looks at me and he's proud. He should be proud of the kids he made and how they turned out. He should just be proud of his work ... that he left here on earth."

Join MTV News as we celebrate the Notorious B.I.G's life on the 15th anniversary of his death. From March 9 through March 25, we will be rolling out exclusive and commemorative content from Biggie's closest friends, collaborators and his biggest fans. To join the conversation on Twitter, hit @MTVRapFix using the hashtag #biggie15.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/03/09/notorious-big-lil-kim-predicts-kanye-west-collaboration/]View the full article[/url]