Dave Matthews Band

moonglow

Yep, Im a fan... thought I probably dont know his catalogue of material as well as you. let the others know what albums or songs are your favorites...

you knows I do moonglow.... that was a loaded question.....

though I still havent managed to sort my collection into albums yet....

:bigsmile: Uhhhhh, yes Umma, me thinks we have talked alot about DMB :rotfl: :rotfl:

lets see, all in all my favorite DMB album is...well there are two that I find exceptional and are always near a CD player

Under The Table Dreaming and Busted Stuff.

UTTD best song and still one of my very favorites is Ants Marching in my humble opinion but all songs are great

Busted Stuff is basically The Lillywhite tapes redone......best songs again in my humble opinion Grey Street, Bartender and Grace is Gone, not in any particular order

I have the great pleasure of having all the DMB CD's to date and there really isnt a bad one in the bunch ;)

The band is very talented musically, Matthews has a great voice, but the lyrics are rather bland in most of the songs, and they just don't mesh well.

It's like they were sniffing airplane when they wrote some of the lyrics (I guess that's why college students like them so much).

There are exceptions (Crash into Me, Everyday), but that's it.

its really odd you should mention Everyday, for some reason that seems to be the album that is the one I listen to least.....its not that it is a bad album because it isnt........its just not how I enjoy DMB ;)

• 2 months later...

hey I am a big Dave Matthews fan, have been for years, and i just found this cool contest other fans should check out to. Dave Matthews band is playing this huge concert, and i mean huge, in september in SF's golden gate park and on http://www.budweiser.com/1 you can win tix to go see the show! i think budweiser is putting the concert on and thats why its on their site. but anyway though matthews fans would love this. check it out!

Yeah...I really love DMB, one of the most talented groups ever in my opinion.

Crash Into Me is a really good song; I just hate all the stupid girlies that would say how, oh my gosh, it's "our" song...I don't think they ever listened to the lyrics of that song...cause these prude people would never adovcate showing their "world" to anybody. I guess what i'm rambling aobut is that I got upset when it got turned from a chill song into a cheesey slow song.

• 4 weeks later...

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :jammin: :jammin: :jammin: DMB will be playing The Pavilion tomorrow night(20th) and Saturday night(21st) and I am going to both concerts :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Can't wait :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Will be here after both concerts to let all DMB fans know how great the music was :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I love DMB :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hey dave fans! I am adding this reply to my last message to give you all an update. the contest that I posted about is now closed BUT you can still go to the show buy purhasing special VIP tickets which come with added benefits like great seats and even a BBQ! you can check out http://www.budweiser.com/1 for info on buying tix. this concert will rule and dave fans should try anyway possible to get there.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I think I found the thread I'm looking for!!!!

An INCREDIBLE band is an understatement!!

To describe such a band, I would have to borrow a phrase from the great Will Farrell, The Dave Matthews Band is Scrumtralescent!

Tour Dates are coming out soon, I'm going to no less than 5 shows.

post-9-1140771761.jpg