What's the best 70's Pink Floyd album?

Umma

What's the best 70's Pink Floyd album?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best 70's Pink Floyd album?

• Zabriskie Point (Original Soundtrack Album) (January 1970)
    • Atom Heart Mother (October 1970)
    • Relics (May 1971)
    • Meddle (November 1971)
    • Obscured by Clouds (Music from the film 'The Valley') (June 1972)
    • Dark Side of the Moon (March 1973)
    • A Nice Pair (April 1973)
    • Wish You Were Here (September 1975)
    • Animals (January 1977)
    • The Wall (November 1979)

if you're the one who makes the poll can you still vote in it?

Sure why not?

So this poll could've been for the best Pink Floyd of all time, because the top 4 best albums are in the 70s... Yeah , I know I said the Stones were before my time, but my Dad made sure I was up to speed on Floyd as I was growing up.

The Wall might be one of the best albums of all time for any genre IMO... :scratchin:

voting is strictly confidential... I can't divulge that information :D

I was surprised you didnt vote for a nice pair CD since it was a rerelease of the syd stuff...

(yes I voted)

post-38-1085093321.jpg

Umma, I saw that on the list, its nice to see more just the major albums but I confess, I didn’t vote for it.

Cjules, I was assumed that you couldn’t vote on a poll you started cause when I saw the thread Umma didn’t vote yet, no one did.

Hey Crazy Diamond - is your nick in anyway related to Shine On You Crazy Diamond?  If so then you prolly are the biggest Floyd fan, and you prolly voted for Wish You Were Here?

Yeah it’s a Floyd reference, but in all fairness so is Umma and Madcap.

What makes you think that I would automatically choose Wish You Were Here? (not being defensive, just asking)

Dude: I would have picked more than one if I could, Dark Side being tied with a few others.

Edited by Crazy Diamond

Yeah it’s a Floyd reference, but in all fairness so is Umma and Madcap.

What makes you think that I would automatically choose Wish You Were Here? (not being defensive, just asking)

Damn missed the Ummagumma reference... wow -

I've lost it...

So I thought you would choose that because that's the album the Crazy Diamond songs are on!

For me it's a tossup between Wish and the Wall. I give it to the Wall just based on length and greater detail in storytelling, but musically I'd almost have to give it to Wish.

So I thought you would choose that because that's the album the Crazy Diamond songs are on!

Nope, but I can see why you would think that.

Has any ever heard of Luther Wright and the Wrongs? They’re a Canadian country/hillbilly band that made a name for themselves by doing a country cover of the entire Wall album.

I wasn’t impressed but if you haven’t heard them check them out and see for yourselves.

If you have then what are your thoughts?

• 1 month later...

just got to say that animals is the greatest floyd album ever, though youve got to play it loud to truly appreciate the music, oh and to narrow things down even further i think sheep is the greatest floyd track ever, although i think there are a few close seconds on the wall ( hey you, mother etc) rogers amazing songwriting and daves guitar playing are at their best on all these tracks. going back to the barrett era the great songs are "let their be more light and astronomy domine" again these need to be played at high volume to fully appreciate them. now to move forward floyd as a three piece (loosley speaking) well i`me afraid polly dosn`t write classic albums with the skill that roger did so i am unable to choose a favourite maybe "on the turning away" is a decent attempt once it gets going. if you want to hear a classic floyd sounding album you need to listen to "amused to death" as it sounds more like a floyd album than momentary and division put together, just my opinion. :groovin: