Drake Really Wants To Play Barack Obama In A Movie

NelsonG

By Tamara Palmer

Before he was known strictly by his middle name, Aubrey Drake Graham was known to millions of North American teenagers as Jimmy Brooks, the wheelchair-bound former basketball player who occasionally rapped awkwardly on Canadian television series "Degrassi: The Next Generation," from 2001 to 2009. And while he recently admitted to Rolling Stone that he’s typically offered roles playing rappers or athletes, he’s hoping and preparing for a chance at his dream role: President Barack Obama.

Drake Makes Up With Tattoo Artist, Another Fan Gets Drake Tattoo

This isn’t just a passing fancy, as it turns out. Drake’s been trying to actualize this idea through interviews for more than a year. “I hope somebody makes a movie about Obama’s life soon because I could play him,” he told Paper magazine in July 2010. “Anytime I see him on TV, I don't change the channel, I definitely pay attention and listen to the inflections of his voice. If you ask anyone who knows me, I'm pretty good at impressions.”

"I've been reading scripts for awhile," he told Rolling Stone this year. "I want to do something great. I want to do something for my culture: the younger people who are still in tune with everything going on. I’m actually writing with my friends right now."

Drake’s biracial heritage gives him a similar complexion to Obama’s, and they both happen to hover at just over six feet tall. He’s already proven that he’s got charisma when it comes to the camera, and the work ethic needed to get through a grueling film shoot.

Ultimately, if Drake really is a good impressionist like Affion Crockett (who has famously impersonated him), he actually might not be a bad candidate.

Related
Official Dates Set For Drake's Club Paradise Tour

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/01/27/drake-wants-to-play-barack-obama-in-movie/]View the full article[/url]