related threads

desdemona

seems I read someone mention this before, but there are so many threads related but in different forums, sometimes a post is lost when you add it to a thread that has the main topic as a heading but your info is new, it seems silly to start a new thread when you want to actually add on to the information, I know by viewing new posts you should be able to catch them, but I have to confess I sometimes clear all the posts as read when I haven't read every one. I may not be explaining this clearly but hopefully you get the gist, please respond if you can make heads or tails out of what I'm saying. <_>

well I don't know, things get lost in long threads I guess. It would be nice if there was an icon we could use to link them. but then that would be work for the moderators, maybe if users could just list the link as I've seen some do, so the threads can all be seen, so I would say if you know there are other threads that relate link them for everyone. I don't think we can expect the moderators to do this for us.

you mean, like if everything was cross-referenced and linked like a sort of wiki-pedia thing? It would be nice, but probably beyond the scope of our esteemed moderators to invest the time and effort into it. But I know what you mean--sometimes posts and even threads get lost, and days after I think of something or find something new that relates to the old thread but then the time and energy of backtracking all my posts to find the thread from last week, I just end saying fuck it and blame it all on my slow dial-up connection why I am blowing it off.

seems I read someone mention this before, but there are so many threads related but in different forums, sometimes a post is lost when you add it to a thread that has the main topic as a heading but your info is new, it seems silly to start a new thread when you want to actually add on to the information

it might've been me, complaining about beginning new topics just cause there's some new or slightly different info, instead of adding the URL/image to the already-existing threads.