'Sasser' suspect held in Germany

I think the internet has changed what this generation focuses on, social conscience is losing the battle. here's a sample:

BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- German authorities arrested an 18-year-old man suspected of creating the "Sasser" computer virus, which infected hundreds of thousands of computers worldwide, an official said Saturday.

The suspect, a high school student, was arrested Friday and lives near the northern town of Rotenburg an der Wuemme, said Frank Federau, a spokesman for the state criminal office in Hanover.

read the article here:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/05/0...t.ap/index.html

I think the internet has changed what this generation focuses on, social conscience is losing the battle. here's a sample:

I disagree with this statement on the premise that all human beings are different (in values, thoughts, expression, etc...)

I would go in depth, but I think you get the point.

I take your point ken, but why is it in america we have a shortage of science majors? they say all the scientists and engineers from the babyboomer generation will be retiring and we'll have to rely on individuals with those degrees to come in from other countries to fill those spots. high school students are below average in proficiency in science and in alot of cases the math teacher or the phys ed teacher are filling in for science, I mention this phenomena from an american point of view, an american with a 16yr old.

I assure you that America is not the only country with a shortage of people taking science and maths in higher education. But that doesn't really help you.

And on the topic:

Good. Take that SOB down.

i dont think this is going to matter much...

why?

i think when things settle down and sort of go back to normal for this kid....he is going to get alot of job offers, from some pretty big companies!

just my opinion tho!

i just got..and got rid of that sasser virus....i hope he ends up coding for gaycrosoft..LLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!111111111111111oneone

gaycrosoft ® 2004, all rights reserved

i just got..and got rid of that sasser virus....i hope he ends up coding for gaycrosoft..LLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!111111111111111oneone

gaycrosoft ® 2004, all rights reserved

me too!

i reformatted my hard drive, and i got hit almost instantly....i turned off my system restore for a few days, just to make sure my computer was clean....i didnt want to have a back up of this!

I take your point ken, but why is it in america we have a shortage of science majors? they say all the scientists and engineers from the babyboomer generation will be retiring and we'll have to rely on individuals with those degrees to come in from other countries to fill those spots. high school students are below average in proficiency in science and in alot of cases the math teacher or the phys ed teacher are filling in for science, I mention this phenomena from an american point of view, an american with a 16yr old.

The reason why this phenomenon appears in America is because no immigrants go there anymore. At least not from Europe or Asia. During the 20th century when America was "the land of opportunities", all the brains (Einstein etc...) went to America to avoid wars and have better lives. Those "brains" now stay in their countries now cause, at least in Europe, there is peace and the quality of life is better. If you get Greece for instance, non of the scientists or proffesors are going out of the borders. They prefer to work here and co-operate with the rest of the european scientists cause there's really no borders between them. Nothing like 30-40 years ago