Recording Equipment

joeyz

even though that is the ultimate audio forum, those guys are assholes. They think they belong to some elite forum and allow posting 5 days after you registered. That was the case when I registered

Does this "Creative LiveDrive" come with all of those imputs or do they only come with one of the mentioned imputs (regular 1/4" stereo input, left/right rca inputs, even optical inputs)? Can you use this piece of equipment to convert sterio sound to MP3? I am afraid that I have run into the problem you mentioned about the issue with the newer stuff and recording and proprietorship/piracy. The software that I got with the mini disk recorder won't let me "check in" the recorded songs on my computer.. It gives me an error message..(an error has occured cannot check-in).. I need to find some way around that so I can get the mini disk recording on regular CD. Can I just download some type of software that will upload the music... or is the block on the MD player itself? As of right now I can't do anything with it except play it on the mp3 player. I may have to just use my car tape connection and dub it on a regular audio tape.

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/reviews/LiveDrive/LiveDrive.html for all the specs.

I've never ran into the sort of proprietary concerns you mentioned with your mini-disc recorder when using the LiveDrive. I have a feeling that alot of this slightly older equipment is going to be in greater demand as time goes on, as more and more of the new hardware has built-in restrictions. I think the Creative Audigy equipment, which is the next generation after the LiveDrive, does have built-in restrictions. If I am not mistaken this was what the main complaint was on the ZP thread about it.

CTC thanks for all your help bud! I checked out the link and that thing looks awesome. I also tried Acid... what a great program... a friend of mine let use his copy ;) :lol: . I figured out that I could use a wire with a strait 1/4 jack on both sides.. hook one into the mic input on my computer and the other in the headphone output(not very professional... but hey... that junk works wonders...takes care of those proprietary concerns no problem :D ).. then record that mic signal with the acid program... the recording sounds awesome.. plus I can save it as mp3, wmp, wav, ...etc. also it has a meter on the side that helps you adjust the recording volume so the recording won't peak-out -->very easy to burn.. I may invest in one of those Creative LiveDrives later.. but for I think I've got good enough sound quality to satisfy my purpose....I really can't believe how good it is! Thanks for all the suggestions!!! You and Method really helped me work through it. I think I am going to be using acid quite a bit.. I like it.. it's simple --> user friendly.. has enough options to satisfy all my needs right now. Thanks guys!

Who needs those snobby mofo's at HydrogenAudio... when you've got the beatking clan takin care of business!