Sex, the final frontier

desdemona

Sex, the final frontier: Nasa acts to ensure that astronauts don't follow their urges

By Charles Arthur, Technology Editor

29 April 2004

In the First World War, frontline troops who were away from their loved ones for long periods famously had bromide put into their tea to reduce the distraction of their sexual drive. But yesterday it was suggested that such measures might be taken a lot further - to Mars, in fact.

Dr Rachel Armstrong, speaking yesterday at a British Interplanetary Society symposium on the Human Future and Space, said the US space agency Nasa was considering how to deal with the natural urges of astronauts travelling on long journeys such as a three-year trip to Mars, where the six-strong crew would be likely to include two women.

read the article here:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/scienc...sp?story=516336

I personally feel they are taking this issue to the extreme. I don't think they should chemically sterilize people to keep them from having sex in space. It just feels wrong to me like they are taking away someone's right to choose to make their own decisions.And as far as murder occuring that's possible but I mean really do they just want to turn the whole world into robots like the Matrix? People need and have to be able to make their own decisions.

I got a demon in my pants!!!

Get it out!!!

Get it out!!!

:lol:

Hey, Redneck - you didnt star in that film Alien did ya? :lol:

A lot could happen in three years in a tin can headed to a dead planet. Futile exercise in the first place.

I know.........a lot happens to me just heading to the can.

Can you can-can on your way to the can like I can?

• 1 month later...
i suppose you could just keep pressing the suction button, it would be similar to those suction penis sex toy things..

i guess that depends on how strong the suction is. if it ended up being too strong then that would be embarrasing for the guy who tried it, not only would the entire world know he tried something like that, but his penis would be floating around space somewhere.

This article is available in full to Independent Portfolio subscribers. Access it through BT click&buy.

Already Subscribed ? Click here.

Otherwise, your options are:

£1 for 24 hours' access to this article;

£5 for a month's subscription to all articles in this package (first month free);

£30 for a year's subscription to all articles in this package;

£60 annual subscription to ALL Portfolio content.

---------------------------------

Bloody hell. I wanted to read the article. But I don't have a freaking £1 note. And i was hoping for a longer relationship with it than just a one nighter. cheap £1 whore.

Edited by CTC Command