bob seger

desdemona

maybe being from the midwest had something to do with it, but one of my favorite albums from the 70's was "night moves" bob seger has one of the best voices I've heard in rock n roll, and greatly overlooked. no hidden messages, but often poetic verses, plus good solid guitar, epitomized the sound we loved so well back then. I was glad to see he was inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame.

Night Moves

1. Rock & Roll Never Forgets performed by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - 3:52

2. Night Moves performed by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - 5:25

3. The Fire Down Below performed by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - 4:28

4. Sunburst performed by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - 5:13

5. Sunspot Baby performed by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - 4:38

6. Mainstreet performed by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - 3:43

7. Come to Poppa performed by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - 3:11

8. Ship of Fools performed by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - 3:24

9. Mary Lou

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&u...l=Ai6fe4j370wae

post-38-1084914767_thumb.jpg

Edited by desdemona

Saw him a couple years ago--always liked the band--and particularly Night Movies, which you can play at the link D provided.

I have all Segers stuff and the performance he gave at the Rock and Roll

Hall of Fame singing - Turn The Page - was masterful for the old man...did a

good job indeed.....Is one of the best desdemona......ROCK ON !!

beautiful loser and fire lake are good, oldtime r&r, kathmandu, turn the page, fire down below, r&r never forgets are all horribly overplayed and i learned to loathe them as a young lad

"classic rock" stations at work ruined many a halfway decent song for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bob Seger's music definitely has the power, grace and smoothness that people come to expect from good musicians. Shame I don't see that in many of todays musicians. Sorry if I offend all you rockers, but today's rock doesn't have the "knack" it used to have as music has become way too commercial and packaged, thanks to the greed of the RIAA. Independent artists are the way to go.

ROCK ON :)

• 2 weeks later...

Feel Like a Number, Her Strut. :headbang:

I always liked You'll Accompany Me. (Me and my girlfriends hanging out in Winthrop Park singing Oooooo you'll accompany Meeee at the top of our lungs...Ooooo...YEAH.. :D )

CAN'T FORGET: TIL IT SHINES... ;)

Edited by Warflower

(I only sing when I'm alone, trust me its a good thing!  LOL)  :singin:

:rotfl:

Nice avatar by the way. If you sing while wearing that outfit, i dont think the guys here won't mind... :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...