BK slowing down?

Bombardier

Does Beatking seem to load a tad "slowly" for you or is it just me?

It seems when I am replying to a thread or loading a forum these days that the wait time seems abnormally long at times.

It could be due to the fact that the forum is getting more and more traffic from new members joining and publicity from various sites. My route to the servers could also be busy or the web hosting company could be running at times less than peak efficency.

Will BK ever reach a point of bandwidth saturation? I'm sure once it gains enough active members it will most likely get more expensive to keep BK.

I sometimes don't know how Jorge at ZP keeps that forum running all the time. It has over 150,000 members and quite a few of them post regularly (plus the number of anonymous people who just browse the site).

Can banner advertising pay for that much bandwidth?

i was just wondering the same thing, Mr. B. (Or perhaps this 100 degree heat is slowing us down lol) But then I tried the NYTimes, and it took a while to open articles there, too. I'd like to hear from others as to what their experience is. If there is a problem, we wil get on it right away

The ads barely pay for server costs and we have had to add bandwidth to keep up with the new influx. Now if we had more people clicking the ads at the top (hint, hint), it would make life a little easier for us. We probably are going to have add more bandwidth again soon...

It's sparadic...but since I have the almighty college gods pipe of a connection I KNOW it gets funny sometimes. Sometimes it stalls out and is slow, but then next time I log on its back to usual. Also sometimes it will randomly have some threads slow and some threads fast...regardless of size...luckily I love y'all so i'm patient!!!

Sporadic here as well... but becoming moreso in the past week. I've had problems with downloads for some zip files not connecting (though no problem elsewhere) so I give up on those mostly. I get stuck on 'submit post' a lot and pages are slow to load but it's the posting that's slowest. Seems to happen regardless of whether BK has a lot of people logged in or not so I assume it must be peak traffic times for the server...

We are into it, folks and will see what its about :) Im told there were no server problems for the last week or so, and no problems on the ogs. They just checked the site and said it loaded within 2 seconds. We also just added some bandwidth. I've also asked they do a quality check on the site today. They are gonn have someone check out the server and set-up monitoring for the next 24 hours. Let us know if you experience any difficulties.

slow as shit yesterday but great today (DSL).