Doobie Brothers - Experience:Mystery?

rickio

I download what I was hoping was Doobie Brothers - What were once vices are now habits , album. It was titled as such and the tracks were even titled with all the names of the tracks on that album.

However I did not recognise any of the music, though it was the doobie brothers. I even heard what sounded like variations of songs previously released.

I ran the tracks through freedb and it recognised the album and told me the albums True name as Doobie Brothers - Experience. It then gave me the titles for all the tracks.

Within the rar that the files came in was a album cover that I had never seen either and as I searched allmusic.com and the web I can find no information on this album.

Has anyone ever heard of it? It sounds like older tracks but have no real clue.

post-7-1082605486.jpg

:D 1. Another Park, Another Sunday

2. Black Water

3. Daughters Of The Sea

4. Down In The Track

5. Eyes Of Silver

6. Flying Cloud

7. Pursuit On 53rd Street

8. Road Angel

9. Song To See You Through

10. Spirit

11. Tell Me What You Want (And I'll Give You What You Need)

12. You Just Can't Stop It

post-87-1082605991.jpg

I've been digging on the internet for at least 15 minutes trying to find some info on the LaserLight Doobies album...no luck. LaserLight is kind of a budget label which does put out some good stuff in the midst of a lot of oddities. I know I have a set of nature sounds discs they produced at a budget price.

I've been digging on the internet for at least 15 minutes trying to find some info on the LaserLight Doobies album...no luck. LaserLight is kind of a budget label which does put out some good stuff in the midst of a lot of oddities. I know I have a set of nature sounds discs they produced at a budget price.

Me too, Koop. I found nothing but I also have some Laserlight cds and found that the quality is fine. They generally are odd stuff but are the original recordings if I remember correctly.

Rickio, btw did you get the What were once vices are now habits album? <_>

Atually I did find one copy on the edonkey network of the doobies - what were once vices album, but it was a rip off of vinyl, scratchy and 128kbps. Not completely happy with it but better than nothing till I find or buy it. lol

I was reading the allmusic.com reviews and i think it only got 3 stars but for me it was one of my favorite doobies album.

btw the Experience album is fairly good, and glad I got it. lol

Edited by rickio

I see there is a "peak experience" productions, could this be the source of the name?

concert promoters, the doobies were listed as acts they produced, they refer to the "experience" as their venue.

Someone at the Doobie Brothers website replied to my question.

There first producer kept there tapes from there first studio sessions and was selling the music under various album names.

Also said that producer had been warned not to do so and apparently there is a legal dispute about it.

Edited by rickio

News flash!! Stoned rockers today raided Rickio's house and confiscated his cd collection and pot. However they were too stoned to get the computer, which is where the stolen music was stored. Rickio was last seen calling redneck4sure to borrow some firepower to retrieve his paid for items and pot. He also called Koop for help but Koop was shagging some catfish. Details and additional photos at 10:00.

post-87-1083037144_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...