View New Posts broken

Malicious Intent

When I click view new posts:

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

"

It may be just me or temporary problem, but I didn't want no one to say nothing to the admin, who may be unaffected.

I get that error occasionally... but usually when there haven't been any new posts.... so it cant find any cos they don't exist :D

You know, long ago when I first started browsing forums, I didn't know of a View New Posts button... so I always went into each little section and looked for posts that I hadn't seen before.

I'm an idiot, it's okay.

This thread almost saved me. After a short hiatus, I came back to view new posts, which should have numbered in the hundreds. Only 3 or 4 came up. And they were only for like yesterday. I will have to do a date search to determina all that I have missed. I have been in the process of working a new job and living in a new location. Commuting 90 miles is a pain and much of my my previous play time is now lost. It will come back in a couple months. Just have to get over this hump.

:psychofun:

I have been in the process of working a new job and living in a new location.

good luck w/your new job. i can imagine the drive to some extent--i used to drive 40 miles each way to work but that was at nighttime so i dint mind that much.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.
Commuting 90 miles is a pain and much of my my previous play time is now lost. It will come back in a couple months. Just have to get over this hump.

I'm not sure if you meant that you drive 90 miles a day or 90 miles each way, but I can relate... I drive 48 miles to my job each way which is 96 miles a day 7 days a week, a quarter tank of gas a day, about $150 of gas/month...

yeah lots of play time is taken away... :wacko:

• 1 month later...
This thread almost saved me. After a short hiatus, I came back to view new posts, which should have numbered in the hundreds. Only 3 or 4 came up. And they were only for like yesterday. I will have to do a date search to determina all that I have missed. I have been in the process of working a new job and living in a new location. Commuting 90 miles is a pain and much of my my previous play time is now lost. It will come back in a couple months. Just have to get over this hump.

OK, it seems this is still somewhat a situation.

When I first come to BK, I get the front page. For the most part, if I go to any other page other than " View New Posts" I will lose those new posts. If I see that I have a new message and review it, and then come back to the "View New Posts" I will get something like

"Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show. "

For some reason it clears out whatever has not been read since the last visit. I have circumvented this only by clicking "View New Posts" first. Sometimes (as in the quote above) I get out of sequence and then i have to manually filter each forum to determine what posts I have missed.

I hope this is somewhat understandable. If not, I'll do my best to get it right.

so good you said it twice :P

I had similar trouble to yours when I went from one puter to another without logging out... something to do with cookies set by the board I believe.... but I'm sure you've thought of that already.

I think the board's been a bit glitchy lately.

When I first come to BK, I get the front page. For the most part, if I go to any other page other than " View New Posts" I will lose those new posts. If I see that I have a new message and review it, and then come back to the "View New Posts"...

way back when, that happened to me as well but now when i go to the beatking frontdoor, i use mozilla/open tabs for five or six (or 9, 10) topics at once (including the one for 'view new posts') and that takes care of that.