'The Cure' release first album in four years

THE CURE will release their new album in June.

The currently untitled album has been scheduled for release on June 21. The album will be the band's first since the release of 2000's 'Bloodflowers'.

The band are working with At The Drive-In and Korn producer Ross Robinson.

The album will come out on Robinson's own I Am label.

THE CURE will release their new album in June.

The currently untitled album has been scheduled for release on June 21. The album will be the band's first since the release of 2000's 'Bloodflowers'.

The band are working with At The Drive-In and Korn producer Ross Robinson.

The album will come out on Robinson's own I Am label.

i am a real cure fan. robert smith was always ahead of his time as well as being an excellent guitarist and lyricist, and he has always played with top class musicians..his work has some of the highest quality production standards that you will ever hear both live and in the studio. i saw the cure on their "i wish" tour in auckland new zealand in 1992 and it was everything that you could wish for..in short..brilliant. robert smith has always been able to create a mood or paint a picture for me..

my favourite cure track?.."hanging garden" although "love cats" and "boys don`t cry" are up there.

my favourite cure album?..."wish" :1992.

'Wish' was hailed in 1992 as The Cure's best work yet. Again working with Dave Allen as co-producer, the album was a richly diverse, multi-faceted guitar driven album of massive appeal. It went straight in at #1 in the UK and #2 in the USA, and 3 more fabulous hit singles were taken from it; 'High', 'Friday I'm In Love', and 'A Letter To Elise'. This was another phenomenal year for The Cure, with the wonderfully kaleidoscopic 'Wish Tour' taking the band around the world again, playing sold-out shows wherever they went, from NZ's Wellington Town Hall to Dallas Texas Stadium...

the other favourite?.. "show" :1993. captures the cures` brilliant live show atmosphere and adrenalin..

post-92-1083059835_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiwibank