NotBob's In the House!

DudeAsInCool

:lol: Make yourself at home notbob. we have a friendly group here. something tells me you are gonna hit it off with slumgoddess and umma...you know alot of the rest of the folks.. we tend to do a lot of posting here, and its kinda of fun to post stuff and not have to wait to see it on the boards...

Since you are a music collector, my mom has some original edisons sitting at home that she would like to unload... any interest? (Theyre free)

those are cool and all, but finding a player would be very difficult

the band "they might be giants" recorded a song on wax cylinders at the edison museum--very odd sound to it, but cool--oddly enough the song was about technological advances.

I think we have a barrell of em.. cant figure out what to do with them. lol. There must be a musicologist that would find them useful somewhere..

First off: WELCOME!!!!

Second: What's this about They Might Be Giants??? Recorded which song in the edision museum...I LOVE that band. I saw them live and their guitar player soloed using a game boy for a guitar pick, f*cking awesome

the edison museum might want them

maybe ebay

as for TMBG, yeah the song was called "i can hear you" on the album "factory showroom"

about celphones and viper car alarms, recorded on a wax cylinder

Edited by nate

the edison museum might want them

maybe ebay

Good idea. Now I just have to get my mom to figure out what we have recording-wise. What were the hits at the turn of the century? lol

they all are, well at least i think so

their music is often hilarious, but the melodies and arrangements are complex

they don't really fall well into categories, but the same can be said for lots of stuff that's worth listening to

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

ahhh.... notbob... what a pleasure to see you grace the forums of BeatKing! hope you have fun... i'll be seeing you around man!

NotBob! Welcome to BeatKing! :strumma:

This place is becoming increasingly more and more like our old home away from home, with the very noticible exception of the absence of one particularly large abcess. Maybe when he's the only one left over there he can close his own threads and then ban himself...meanwhile enjoy yourself here, nate. You are among friends! :bigsmile:

TMBG...what a great little band. Chicks dig 'em too.