Watch The Throne's 'Murder To Excellence' A Fan Favorite

NelsonG

Watch The Throne has been trending in various ways on the fast moving social networking site Twitter. Fans and foes of the dynamic duo of Kanye West and Jay-Z have drawn lines in the sand over the new release. Take your eyes away from your timeline for just a moment and another song from Yeezy and Hov’s epic joint album appears. One group of users claim “No Church In The Wild” as their favorite while others say the RZA-produced “New Day” is their top choice. “Murder To Excellence” has also moved into the discussion for some as well.

Produced by Swizz Beatz and Texas producer S1, the driving track from the production pair relies heavily on a chorus of vocal samples and aggressive drums along with some of the most pointed lyrics present on the album. Switching production styles halfway through, the song plays like a two-act drama with Jay and Kanye’s somber lyrics bringing the song together. Twitter fans have had plenty to say, with some flat out declaring it their favorite.

Check out the photos of Jay & Kanye recording Watch the Throne.

Singer and songwriter Mike Posner chimed in with, “I love when @kanyewest sings w/ no Autotune: Murder to Excellence / Blame Game.” Fan @CiCiRoss added, “Murder to Excellence is such an excellent song. Man, I am so happy about this track. Such a powerful message. Wow.” Kanas City rapper Mac Lethal tweeted, “Murder To Excellence is my favorite song of 2011 as of now” from his @MacLethal666 account.

The inspirational and heartfelt tone of the track seemed to have resonated in a great number of listeners today, summed up nicely by user @Dope_Marco’s tweet which read, “My favorite song from #watchthethrone is Murder to Excellence. Great album, really motivational. I wanna write.”

What are your thoughts on “Murder To Excellence?” How does it stack up with your WTT favorites? Tweet to us @MTVRapFix or leave us a comment below.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/08/09/murder-to-excellence-jay-z-watch-the-throne/]View the full article[/url]