Openft Vs Fasttrack In Kceasy

Bombardier

I signed onto KCeasy today and took a look at the network stats of the three networks connected.

Based on the image, it looks like people are sharing a lot bigger files on OpenFT than on FastTrack.

There are 13,605 users sharing 2,839,531 files on OpenFT (which amounts to 33,572,178 GB)

and then there's FastTrack with 2,876,731 users sharing 493,308,130 files (amounting to 3,990,784 GB).

OpenFT's total size of files everyone is sharing is over 28 million gigabytes larger than on FastTrack!

Based on my own experience with KCeasy, almost all my sucessful downloads come from the Gnutella or OpenFT network. I always get 'queued' if the file is on the FastTrack network and rarely does the download actually start.

KCeasy is a good use for the Gnutella network. I actually downloaded a .wav file from someone on Gnutella and the transfer went at a good speed (85kbps).

It almost seems as if Kazaa and FastTrack are a lot more air (and leeching users) and a lot less actual substance.

post-88-1081129845_thumb.jpg

I actually downloaded a .wav file

9 times out of ten, those are usually compressed audio files that have been converted (uncompressed) to wav. People just forget to dispose of their wav files, after they've burned them to CD.

You're not getting nearly lossless quality, as with a "real" wav.

Also, i'm in total agreement with you on KCeasy.

It's an excellent program.

It's too bad that the networks are rather lackluster in quality of files, and the quality of users.

Edited by Ken