Amused to Death

Umma

I cant quite pin down what it is about Roger Waters that draws me. Perhaps it's his view of simplicity and ability to portray it as something profound.... stating the obvious.

Amused to Death is a commentary on the fultility of war, the politics that lead to it, and the sickness of humanity for watching the reality unfold on tv as a source of entertainment.

Recorded in Q sound with superb musicians... it's an excellent CD.

The Ballad Of Bill Hubbard

What God Wants, part 1

Perfect Sense, part 1

Perfect Sense, part 2

The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range

Late Home Tonight, part 1

Late Home Tonight, part 2

Too Much Rope

What God Wants, part 2

What God Wants, part 3

Watching TV

Three Wishes

It's A Miracle

Amused To Death

:strumma:

Umma! You're analysis regarding RW is quite good! I saw him for his "In The Flesh" tour 3 years ago. Very good show. Stripped down and basic which only added to the music. My only complaint (that may not be the right word) is that Roger spends a lot of time exploring the dark side of humanity. You can see it with Floyd and his solo efforts. However, one glaring example was the final song he performed at the concert was "One Small Candle" (I'm 100% sure if that's the correct title) was a sign of hope. Never the less...Roger remains, in my mind, the finest lyricsist (sp) ever.

The Doctor

:scratchin:

• 2 months later...

The Doctor, The name of that song Roger did at the end of the second set of his IN THE FLESH tour is called "EACH SMALL CANDLE".

Amused to Death is one of Roger's greatest albums. Radio KAOS is another one.

:)