Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

The Band - The Last Waltz

It was actually a documentary done by Scorsese.

The video features all of The Band's classics, and several guest appearances from folksy folks from the late seventies. Most notably, to me, a song done with Neil Young with Joni Mitchell in the wings. Damn near shakes me.

The guest list from this concert includes Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, The Staples Singers, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Dr. John, Neil Diamond, Muddy Waters, Joni Mitchell, Emmy Lou Harris, Ringo Starr, Ron Wood, and Paul Butterfield. Clapton and Young are in particularly top form in this concert, while Diamond is good but sadly out of place.

What I'm recommending is the edited version that basically exists as the concert only. It features the first song of the night as the first song, followed by the concert's set-list as it was played.

- Now clearly, the best way to get a copy is to buy the DVD and then rip and edit the feed yourself... but for those not so technically proficient there is probably a downloadable version Somewhere.

Loved the film and The Band's concerts around that time. I saw them a number of times with the Allman Brothers and the Grateful Dead ... at least I remember thinking I did :lol:

I have the full version and I haven't seen the diet version. I don't do torrents so that's out. Have you guys seen or heard this box set? (Audio only)

post-269-1253684734_thumb.jpg

post-269-1253684698_thumb.jpg

post-269-1253684575_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redneck4sure