P2P Scam Sites

Ken

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely Brilliant post

i got bored and registered with download shield or complete movies .com

about £12 and was horrified after loading there software it provided just a link to suprnova which as yiu said is a free to use peer to peer network using the bt client

i will learn the hard way i suppose and have decided to convert my original cds to mp3 format to listen on the puter

your post is extremely helpful ken as i have sent 5 e-mails in the last day or so asking if i can cancel or justify there charge in tearms of what u get for your bucks

and guess what NO REPLY surprise surprise

i wonder if i can reject the payment on my visa for buying a sevice on line and being misled thumbsdown

any way you have saved me£20 as i was considering signing up to dc movies also

think i will stick with hmv or maybe buy an i pod

thx for the post it was extremely helpful

i have also added this site to my favs as i think it is a very useful source and well put together site

thx again

meshmark :good job:

Absolutely Brilliant post

i got bored and registered with download shield or complete movies .com

about £12 and was horrified after loading there software it provided just a link to suprnova which as yiu said is a free to use peer to peer network using the bt client

i will learn the hard way i suppose and have decided to convert my original cds to mp3 format to listen on the puter

your post is extremely helpful ken as i have sent 5 e-mails in the last day or so asking if i can cancel or justify there charge in tearms of what u get for your bucks

and guess what NO REPLY surprise surprise

i wonder if i can reject the payment on my visa for buying a sevice on line and being misled thumbsdown.gif

any way you have saved me£20 as i was considering signing up to dc movies also

think i will stick with hmv or maybe buy an i pod

thx for the post it was extremely helpful

i have also added this site to my favs as i think it is a very useful source and well put together site

thx again

meshmark

Thank you.

I simply feel relieved you were enlightened just in time before you got in too deep.

I'd talk to Visa, and see what they can do. After all, you should, at the very least, be able to stop any recurring payments. As for getting your money back, that'll be tough.

If you're looking to acquire media, use true P2P software (which is free in one form or another, 99% of the time, with exceptions of “pro” versions, which I scoff at), or at the very least, use a service that legitimately has licensing deals, and even in that event, weigh the pros and cons. My motto is, “Don’t pay for copyrighted material, unless you choose to BUY it from a legitimate reseller”.

On another note regarding P2P software and such…………….

For a beginner in the P2P world, I recommend a program/network such as Ares

http://www.aresgalaxy.org (aresgalaxy.com and aresgalaxy.net are scam sites).

When installing, uncheck the option to install “NavHelper”. There are no ads or spyware in Ares, so you’re safe from that as well.

If there are specific types of media you’re looking for, post that here and the BeatKing community will recommend their choices of sources. If you would like to PM me with specific things of interest, I’d be glad to point you in the right direction and help you with technical aspects of P2P and others.

thx buddy

now the link doesnt work at all

beingsold something for £12 is bad if it works and is a link to a good site is one thing but paying for a service that after 2 days is useless is SHOCKING think i will pm you to find out some stuff

been busythe last few days converting all my cds lolthx any ken your help is very much appreciated

thx meshmark

I added a bunch.

There was a list at Zeropaid that was posted in a thread on this very subject.

I cross-referenced it with the list here at BeatKing, and found a few I didn't have. They've been added.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This site cracks me up..........

http://www.mp3downloadreview.com

It's a "top" to "bottom" listing of scam sites!!!

Hi

About mp3downloadreview.

It does more than crack me up.

The top of the list its 247Download which gets 5 stars and a rave review.

In fact there are many references to 247Download where it is slated as a scam and absolutely useless.

Because it was given 5 stars in mp3Downloadreview I too subscribed. All that enabled me to do was find out that it truly is useless and a complete ripoff.

mp3Downloadreview is probably a site belonging to 247download review; and put there as a con.

It should be banished from the Internet.

Paulsim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish I'd found this forum sooner... I was looking for a legal site to download from,already have Itunes..not too happy with their lack of choices. I came across mp3ebook (was linked there by a site i assumed was legit.) You know the rest... silly me. Anyways,thanks for the research you've posted,hopefully it will help others.

• 3 months later...

After many many rounds of cross-checking with various other lists (including the excellent, and more up-to-date one at p2pforums.com that has been relayed by many P2P sites such as P2Pnet.net, Slyck.com, and Zeropaid.com), I updated the list, restructured its display here at BeatKing, and it’s been alphabetized better (especially the generic sites).

Sorry for slacking so much on the list; I've been busy.

Edited by Ken