I'm an Auntie!!

moodyblue

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor little fellow. He's getting a rough start in life. When he grows up he may have an attitude and really kick liberals ass on a wholesale basis to make up for his difficult start.

Best of luck. I'll be thinking about y'all. (Scary but true)

Update: The brain scan came back today, it is the same as the last one. Nothing has changed. But he does have some brain damage. Good news is neither of his infections got into the blood stream. He is still swelling some. His HR and BP kept jumping up and down while we were there. But both are stable now. They have him hooked up to a new machine that should help his lungs go back to normal size. Will keep everyone updated.

Premature babies rarely have a smooth trip getting started. His setbacks are not unexpected although they are certainly unwanted. At least Jacob is where he can get first class care in a great place like Texus. He sure would be in trouble if he had the misfortune to be born in Culifornie. Keep on keeping us posted as to his progress.

Best wishes!

Went to see Jacob today! He had surgery today to put in a central line so they can give him his protien and whatnot. Some of his swelling has gone down. And he opened his eyes some more today!!

Went to see Jacob today! He had surgery today to put in a central line so they can give him his protien and whatnot. Some of his swelling has gone down. And he opened his eyes some more today!!

Excellent progress!

My brother text me that Jacob was doing good today!! He did have pnuemonia, but it is gone now!! And he is moving some more. Going to go see him tomorrow!

My brother text me that Jacob was doing good today!!

Great!

He did have pnuemonia, but it is gone now!!

Great! Maybe he gave it to a liberal!

And he is moving some more.

Great! But don't let him move out of state!

Going to go see him tomorrow!

Great! Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

We didn't get to go yesterday. :sad: Mom had to work late. But hopefully we'll get to go today! My brother did call yesterday to tell me that they took Jacob off one of his antibiotics and are weaning him off the steroid. And everything else is stable.

They upped his feedings to 4cc an hour! And he looks great, my brother sent me some pics yesterday from his phone! Going to see him tomorrow!!

Told ya he was a fighter B)

Even better....He's a TEXAN! :thumbsup:

But hopefully not a Texan and a redneck!!!

:lol:

But I'm relieved that he's going to be all right!! I didn't want to say anything before now, but I lost a granddaughter under similar circumstances 7 years ago. She lived for exactly 3 weeks. She had more problems than this boy has though. So, I know how you feel Moody. I've been there.

He opened his eyes a lot today!!

That could be scary in a room full of texuns! :lol:

I'd have him packing a Glock before he gets to 10 pounds.

....a small one. Compact 9mm probably.

....First birthday....move up to a .40 cal

....For his second birthday I would upgrade to a full size .45 :thumbsup:

Let me know if you want help picking one out. That's what I am here for: to help! B)