I'm an Auntie!!

moodyblue

My brother and his girlfriend had their baby on Tuesday 6/16, a boy. He was born premature, only weighed 1lb 8oz. But he is a little fighter!! I am going to see him this saturday. We are all pulling for him!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congratulations to you all ... how exciting ... we're pulling for him, too ... i have relative who had premature twin boys, 3 months premies ... they are now 13 and doing so great ... we look at them and feel so appreciative that they are still with us ... nicu can do amazing things with these littlest ones now ... so, your little guy has alot pulling for him ... very best wishes to you and your family ...

Thanks everyone!! His name is William Jacob and he is doing great! Going to go and see him before work tomorrow and take some photos. I will keep everyone udated on his progress.

He will be getting fed some of mom's milk soon!! Let's hope he takes to it! Went and saw him today, his color is much better (not so red now). He is off of his breathing tube and now has the one going in his nose. They took one of the tubes from his belly today and we heard him cry a little, made me want to cry too. And he did a big yawn while we were there! Mom got to give him a pacifier today.

post-413-1245732938_thumb.jpg

We'll see when he grows up! Redneck4sure!! :lol:

Jacob gave us our first scare, they are watching him for any infections, so far there isn't any. They did remove some mucus from his throat today (wednesday).

Edited by moodyblue

Jacob is starting to put on some weight! He now weighs 1lb 8oz!! And hopefully next week sometime he should open his eyes.

Your first post said he weighed 1lb 8oz. He still weighs the same. Help me with the math. :lol:

Did the little fellow lose a little and has gained it back or do we have a typo somewhere?

I'll rush you a pic of me so the Jacob will have something worthwhile to look at when he opens his eyes. B)

Got an update......Jacob has two blood clots, one in his left and one is his right ventricle. The one on the left is a grade 4 (bad) and the one on the right is a grade 2. They will be doing another scan on monday and every monday after that to keep an eye on things.

Thanks Dude and Red!! I got a call from Sara (mom) this morning (tuesday) and she told me he had to have surgery on his heart to close a flap, he came through the surgery just fine. And I think he gained some weight too....1lb 12oz. I will keep everyone updated.

Will know more about the clots on monday.

Edited by moodyblue