[DF17] Break the Box - Rock the Mic (w/ Remixes) OUT NOW!!

daniella downs

breakthebox5.jpg

Break the Box - Rock the Mic (w/ Remixes by High Eight, Attack Release, Metachemical, & Robosapiens) [DF17]

OUT NOW :: at Beatport & DjDownload

Originally signed to the great Sinister Recordings, Break the Box’s Rock the Mic now sees the light of day on the Robosapiens’ imprint Dead Famous. Delivering the sound that has made Break the Box a household name when discussing breakbeat, Rock the Mic does not skimp on heavy funk with an upbeat techy influence. This tune has been a staple in Robosapiens sets for quite some time, and now we are proud to give it a proper release.

First up is newcomer Metachemical. Fresh off a string of releases on Scrape Recordings, He takes the energy of the original and bottles it up, converting it into straight up electro tinged bassline nastiness. This is definitely one for the peak time techfunk lovers out there. Moving in a slightly different direction, techno newcomer Attack Release crafts a thick and trippy techno remix that will definitely flex some soundsystems. Attack Release is definitely one to watch this year, and we’re happy we have him on board with the Dead Famous camp.

Not to be outdone, label honchos the Robosapiens turn the bangin-ness of the original into a dark, groovy, acid-laden number. This one is definitely for those times when you can’t see quite straight. Generally at 3 AM. Finally, Re:Connect boss High Eight, deciding that the original just didn’t have quite enough bass, cranks the dials to 11 and issues a statement of utter destruction. Watch the breakdown on this remix, it just might cause bodily injury if not prepared for.

B-Phreak "wooow, what a phaaaat release, absolutely great remixes! very hard to pick one favourite"

EK "Digging the Robosapiens mix"

Precision Cuts "sounds twice as big as everything else, nice groove with just enough merry go round but not too much. good work mr box"

Kickflip "Metachemical's remix is wicked, sounding a bit like Rektchordz from a year or two ago! Plenty of gnarl to the bass and a dynamic arrangement make this one the choice for me"

LuQas "Something really different here from the Robosapiens and probably my pick of the bunch - big radioactiveman-esque bass, a nice switch up half way through and the trademark 303 makes an appearance - wicked!"

601 "Wicked solid release here.My favourite mixes have to be the High Eight and Metachemical mixes and im really into the 303 flourishes on the Robosapiens mix"

Cut la Roc "Love..Orig mix, Robo’s remix and Attack release"

Lee Martin (Dusted Breaks) "Original is ace! love the use of guitars that BTB uses in this one. Also like High 8's but the one for me is the METACHEMICAL remix! right up my street mate!!"

JMekka "WOW to your (the Robosapiens) remix. All I can say!!"

Mark Rumbler (Yellowfinger) "A scrumptuous selection box of sweet remixes from the deadfamous crew. The Attack release and Robosapiens remixes hit my sweet tooth :D"

Jeroen van Aken "Good release! The original is well done and I'm also feelin the Attack Relase remix. My firm favourite though is the Metachemical remix - Fat, funky and grinding!"

Tony Tay "The Original and Hight Eight Mix are my fav. Can hear this going off... !!!"

Vital Substance "Love..Orig mix, Robo’s remix and Attack Release Mixes"

Piwi (Lucky Break) "Original is once again solid work by luigi and will work very good on the floor. My favourite is the Robosapiens Mix. Like the funky groove.... Also High Eight Mix is very nice!"

Starting next month, we go to 2 releases per month, so Watch this space next month firstly for for the release of the Dead Famous Remix EP - where some of our favorite artists have taken up some classic Dead Famous material and definitely made it their own.

Keep it Evil.

deadfamouslogosmaller.jpg