What was the first concert you went to?

Shawn

We've probably had this discussion before, but it never hurts to rehash.

Last night marked the first concert my daughter (9) ever attended. I took her to The Offspring with tickets I bought her back on her birthday. She got a shirt and witnessed a few really mediocre opening acts before Offspring took the stage. How were they? Awesome, I could have listened all night.

And before you think that a nine year old doesn't belong at The Offspring, realize it was an "all-ages show" and that there were at least 10-20 kids her age there.

We left early though because she formed a slightly different opinion. It was too loud (and I gave her earplugs), it was too bright (the 40 second strobe sequence took a bit out of me even) and it was too hot. It was damn hot. The weather here has been above mild and when thousands of screaming fans start mashing around in a general admission atmosphere the temperature sky-rocketed. It sort of made the alcohol and dope smell stronger in return too.

All in all, I think she got her money's worth out of the experience though. I don't think she realized before what a punk band's target audience looks like.

My first concert was the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band back in 92. It was an extremely limited engagement (I think they called it their back to the roots tour) so it was basically 1/6th of the concert hall roped off for the performance. It was fantastic. The band was 'right there' for everyone in attendance.

What was everyone's first concert?

Cream with The Moody Blues @ The Baltimore Civic Center. Ordered early - I had seats about 5 rows back in the center. I was by far the youngest person in the audience.

Cream

Moody Blues

Merle Haggard. My parents couldn't get a sitter and dragged me along. I was old enough to not want to be there but too young to be at home. Awkward age!! :lol:

If I remember right, I think my first concert was Moe and Joe at the Houston Rodeo back when I was a kid. Don't rememer going!! The first one I do remember going to see was Barry Manilow! Can't remember how old I was.

Loved the Moody Blues video!!

late bloomer here when it comes to concerts... Queens of the Stone Age in 2007 was my first big concert... but i met the band at the local radio station and got backstage passes to the afterparty. And Josh Homme is as cool as he seems.