Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
Sir Droopy

Patti Austin & James Ingram-Baby come to me [1983]

Patti Austin & James Ingram-Baby come to me [1983]

This is R & B, classic soul. Artists just do not get down like this anymore, in my opinion. When/What was the last R&B duet that can be considered a classic? This can be found on each ones' greatest hits hits compilations. It went to # 1 in 1983 and remains in heavy rotation on any lite music station and around my house.

check out the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbLaLSnH99o

d/l the video

http://rapidshare.com/files/224351562/Patt...abyComeToMe.avi

patandjames-wwwradiofacts.gif

This was initially released in 1981 on Patti Austin's album Every Home Should Have One. In the spring of 1982, it peaked at #73 on the US charts. Months later, the song found new life when it was used in the ABC soap opera General Hospital for romantic scenes involving Luke Spencer (played by Anthony Geary) after his wife Laura temporarily left the show. ABC got lots of calls and letters about the song, and Warner Brothers Records decided to re-release this as a single due to popular demand. It hit #1 in the US in the early part of 1983.
songfacts.com

I was a a junior in H.S., so this song brings back some fond memories. I wonder where that girl is now... :unsure: lol

Very nice Dude, never heard that song before. But as i mentioned in the intro to the other video in this thread, you have to go back quite a few years to get classic duets.

Very nice Dude, never heard that song before. But as i mentioned in the intro to the other video in this thread, you have to go back quite a few years to get classic duets.

Here is the remix