google bot

desdemona

I see google bot on the boards alot and that makes me leary of posting, I guess it must not bother others or he would be blocked, but just wanted to explain my lack of posts in the future.

Des, all the bot is doing is monitoring the posts for google so they can be accessed on searches. It actually helps the site to grow by bringing in outside people who were doing a random search. If it was bad in any way the admin would never allow it to be here.

I see google bot on the boards alot and that makes me leary of posting, I guess it must not bother others or he would be blocked, but just wanted to explain my lack of posts in the future.

I don't really understand.

Is it that you don't like the idea of your posts being catalogued?

google-bots are continuously trawling the 'net--as long as you don't put your addy (or in a URL it can mouse over) you'll be alright (in times of need i'll post my throwaway yahoo addy). i believe (but could be wrong) a way to get around this would be by making beatking password protected (in which case, i would never be here now, if i hadn't read before i joined).

hmmpf...that might not be such a bad thing...200+ posts--'shocking waste of bandwidth.' :lol:

200+ posts--'shocking waste of bandwidth.' :lol:

Yes, S.G., but we savor every one of those posts and salivate for more :P

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Googlebot is my friend that I invited here, but unfortunately he doesn't know how to post so he just lurks.

Blame Yoda for Google Bots presence.

ya thats a old ZP thing.

We blame me for life's problems.

Kooper is referring a dilectable fetish of mine, SG--watch your toes around here  ;)

so we have something else in common? interesting. :lol:

you got my note method....ive killed google bot and chopped his body up. Ive send his pelvis back to google and ive eaten his arms and legs..his head is buried under the old oak tree

you must have killed the wrong google...

I tell you, he called me