Watchmen...now it`s a Movie..

KiwiCoromandel

Watchmen....not like any superheroes you've seen in the movies before.

read more: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/ne...jectid=10559967

source: Michele Manelis/NZPA

images: www.firstshowing.net/larcho.wordpress.com: "I wanted to assault the audience," said director Zack Snyder of the carnage. "My dad took me to see Apocalypse Now when I was a kid. And yes, it was inappropriate, but it changed me somehow. This movie may have the same effect and although it is R-rated and it's not for kids, maybe if you're a bad parent..."

post-193-1236216199_thumb.jpg

post-193-1236216266_thumb.jpg

Film Review: Watchmen...."There's a big naked, blue, glowing, radioactive guy who has the power to save or destroy the world (and yes, you get to see his blue, glowing, radioactive penis)."

But is it any good? I hear you cry. The answer: Well, sort of.

read more: http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/...Review-Watchmen

source: Margaret Agnew/The Dominion Post

image: lostmoya.files.wordpress.com: WATCHMEN....You won't find creator Alan Moore's name in the credits because the famous comicbook writer is notorious for disapproving of the film versions of his comic creations which include The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Constantine and V for Vendetta.

Moore may well have a point. He has said of the Watchmen movie, and I quote: ``I'm never going to watch this f****** thing.''

post-193-1236469516_thumb.jpg

Enjoy a few drinks while you watch the Watchmen....including (gasp) "The Full Frontal Manhattan"...

Those who have already seen the movie or read the book will want to start their boozing off with this tribute to Dr. Manhattan's... (ahem)... full-frontal blueness!

2 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin

1 oz Hiram Walker Blue Curacao

1/2 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur

3 dashes Regan's Orange Bitters

http://www.isotopecomics.com/2009/03/watch...-cocktails.html

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/theres-more-o...rectors-cut.php

source: Isotope

images: Isotope/robot6.comicbookresources.com: FULL FRONTAL MANHATTAN: Shaken and served up...this cocktail to be served with a little backlighting for best blue glow effect.

post-193-1236558643.jpg

post-193-1236558650_thumb.jpg

as a fan of the graphic novel, i just came back from the movie and i give it a 9 out of 10.

i enjoy comic-book type action transferred to the big screen if its done well... this one sounds good mate..i`m waiting for Axxo`s version and then i`m in.... :lol: :lol:

i enjoy comic-book type action transferred to the big screen if its done well... this one sounds good mate..i`m waiting for Axxo`s version and then i`m in.... :lol: :lol:

if you havent read the book, dont go into this movie thinking its some simple action movie, it is far from that. watchmen is pretty deep and will have you thinking.

if you havent read the book, dont go into this movie thinking its some simple action movie, it is far from that. watchmen is pretty deep and will have you thinking.

i meant visually not intellectually but that seems to me to be sound advice mate...i`ll read the book and reserve my decision on the movie until i see it.....