Check Out The Smoke

Hello to all!

I'd like to introduce you to a new band coming out of Atlanta, Ga. called Blackberry Smoke. Their CD is titled "Bad luck ain't no crime" and I encourage everyone to visit their web site, www.blackberrysmoke.com for a sample.

I saw these guys open for Jackyl,(Jesse James Dupree produced their CD), and have been a fan since. I have traveled from Texas to as far as Louisville,Kentucky, (where they were the musical intertainment for the Easyrider Bike Show), to support them. They opened for Lynyrd Skynyrd and 38 Special in Dallas last summer. Chris Robinson of the Black Crows gave them their name and Brian Johnson of AC/DC said,"This is a band that will never go hungry."

Do yourself a favor and check these guys out. Soon you too will be 'spreading the Smoke'. I hope to hear from some new fans soon.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Here are a few that are available on the website:

Normal Town:

http://www.blackberrysmoke.com/music/ShortNormal%20Town.mp3

Another Chance:

http://www.blackberrysmoke.com/music/Short...er%20Chance.mp3

Sanctified Woman:

http://www.blackberrysmoke.com/music/Short...ied%20Woman.mp3

Testify:

http://www.blackberrysmoke.com/music/ShortTestify.mp3

They are all about 1 minute long since they are only clips... Nice hear.

Pretty enjoyable.

Part of me thinks they sound a bit like the rock ballads of the early 80's. The rest of me is comparing them to the Blue Rodeo vibe.

Wow! You are 'johnny-on-the-spot' BeatFactory. Thank you for helping me out with your post. I am so glad you checked BBS out. I haven't been able to put my finger on the catagory their music fits in...they are basicly billed as Southern rock. (That's a broad range, I know.) The lead singer/ guitarist, Charlie Starr, comes from Bluegrass roots. Some of their songs are definitly rock, but my favorite is Another Chance which I would also call a ballad. Their music runs the gammit, so if you don't care for one song, another might be to you liking. Personally, I love them all and I listen to everthing from AC/DC to hip hop. Check out their message board for a history on the band. These guys are so down to earth...I have partied with them and you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of guys. They get my vote on their Karma alone. Thanks for responding, ya'll. Cheryl

Thanx for welcoming me, ya'll. This is a great way to spread good music. And Blackberry Smoke is good music. If you tell two friends and they tell two friends, and so on and so on.............it's all good!