Winamp5 Full 5.03

method77

new version of the popular media player is out....

Changes in Current Version:

Made MP4 AAC the new default ripping encoder

Fixed a crash bug when playing some AVI files in in_dshow

Added multimedia keyboard keys in global hotkeys default configuration

Added "Manual playlist advance" in Repeat button popup menu in Classic mode

Improvements in MP3 encoder configuration

Made the tabs in the preferences XP correctly themed under Windows XP

Revamped the Media Library preferences a bit

New experimental WMA9 input plugin

gen_jumpex updates from DrO

Added "Nuke library" action in Media Library

More upside down videos fixes

Fixed crash if a plugin generated a pledit wm_windowposchanged on shutdown

Fixed crash exploit in in_mod

Fixed various crashes in in_midi when playing invalid files

Made in_midi store its settings in winamp.ini instead of the registry

Fixed error during installation on computers with chinese/oriental regional settings

Removed AOD from installer

Added Shift-R to toggle manual playlist advance

Updated VP6 video decoder to latest VP6.2 code

Fixed crash when launching winamp with very long filenames from explorer

Made registration dialog to appear in Explorer's taskbar when installing pro verion

Fixed pledit/video windows showing up at startup when minimized

download

I switched from winamp to musicmatch it seemed like winamp used alot of resources but I still get some freezing when I startup, does the new version of winamp solve that?

I use musicmatch as just a player, I've been using nero for most everything else, except to rip I use cdex, I was just trying to find something that used the least amount of resources as just a player so I can fun a few programs at the same time

if you want a player with the least resources possible then use winamp 2.8 or 2.9. The most popular software on the net EVER. If you want a really good player with few resources and a few cool skins then use winamp 5.03. Just don't install the video stuff when it asks in the exe

foobar was created by an ex winamp programmer. He sucks. Many people consider foobar good but they don't know. Always get my advice. They suck... I don't! :)

I don't even remember what lame problems I had with winamp 5 when I tried it. Random things started doing weird things, and I switched back to 2.91.

2.91 is quite good enough for me. :)

I switched from winamp to musicmatch it seemed like winamp used alot of resources but I still get some freezing when I startup, does the new version of winamp solve that?

When winamp 3.0 Full came out it was nothing but a resource hog. I too switched back to 2.91 after realizing this.

The new 5 versions rock compared to 3.0, with zero issues. Nullsoft scraped the 3.0 project all together and went back to drawing board. I personally enjoy the new winamp and wont be switching for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...