Pre-release Windows 7 outperforming Vista

Matt Rendo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I bought a new computer I didn't have a choice to go back to XP. Those sick bastards!

just wipe it and stick XP on instead... unless of course you prefer vista

just wipe it and stick XP on instead... unless of course you prefer vista

I was told they dont have the drivers to run XP on this computer. I was stupid for buying it, should have shopped around. I will just borrow Windows 7 soon and run that. Vista isn't "bad" but I expected more.

I was told they dont have the drivers to run XP on this computer. I was stupid for buying it, should have shopped around. I will just borrow Windows 7 soon and run that. Vista isn't "bad" but I expected more.

Drivers are part of the OS as far as I'm aware... so if you wipe one off and replace it with another... it should install it's own drivers. It'd probably void your guarantee though.

Drivers are part of the OS as far as I'm aware... so if you wipe one off and replace it with another... it should install it's own drivers. It'd probably void your guarantee though.

I will investigate. Then again, I will probably stick with dual booting Vista and Ubuntu. I am terrible with Linux but it's fun to explore.

I will investigate. Then again, I will probably stick with dual booting Vista and Ubuntu. I am terrible with Linux but it's fun to explore.

Linux is fun and apparently a lot easier to use these days... and you can dual boot it with XP too. There goes that excuse... just admit it... you love Vista!

My son has several operating systems on his computer. Quad boot maybe. I'm not into all that. The only thing I dual boot is my feet. One for the right and one for the left.

I just recently started using another browser. I was having some issues with IE and pop ups. By the time I got rid of the pop ups, the browser started freezing. Now I use Firefox on most of the sites I visit on a regular basis except Beatking. For no real reason I still use IE for Beatking. I guess it's because IE doesn't give problems on this site. My son also installed Opera on my computer but I haven't tried it out.

Change comes slowly to the trailer park. :lol:

My son has several operating systems on his computer. Quad boot maybe. I'm not into all that. The only thing I dual boot is my feet. One for the right and one for the left.

I just recently started using another browser. I was having some issues with IE and pop ups. By the time I got rid of the pop ups, the browser started freezing. Now I use Firefox on most of the sites I visit on a regular basis except Beatking. For no real reason I still use IE for Beatking. I guess it's because IE doesn't give problems on this site. My son also installed Opera on my computer but I haven't tried it out.

Change comes slowly to the trailer park. :lol:

Firefox is great, it is what I use for BK and all that Twitter nonsense. I use Google's new browser (Chrome) for all my other browsing because it is real speedy.

As for dual booting XP and Linux... I just dont want to buy XP. I could surely pirate it, but I dont think I will do that.

Don't even have to wipe it, really. One slick thing in Vista is that you can set up a separate partition from within the OS.

Set up a second partition, install XP, or go nuts and try linux.

That is handy... and good to know that they managed 'one slick thing'.

I get a strange sense of satisfaction if something I dislike is completely wiped out... no trace.

Didn't say I wasn't a pirate myself (music) but pirating XP is a hassle because of updates, etc.

I am not a computer person. My son takes care of mine. I am running XP Pro Pirated Edition and he updates it, along with other programs, at least twice a month. I don't think he has any hassle with updates but I don't know how much hassle it was for him to set it up. I have very few problems with it and none that he hasn't been able to correct so I don't mess with it. The only thing I mess with is simple hardware stuff such as installing hard drives, power supplies and ram.

Nobody asks to use my computer so I don't have an opportunity to confuse anyone. My son comes over and messes with it but he is the one that set it up so there is no chance of confusing him. The only one using it that gets confused is me. That seems to happen fairly frequently but I just make a note of the error message and report it to my son. :lol: