Nice Suggestions

Umma

Here are a few

Have the navigation links in a pop up, stay on top window for easier access..

Reduce the size of avatars on the front page so they take up less space

have a maximum display size for images posted so they dont turn out huge and dont display within the viewable area

Make the smiley window so that it just displays the minimum number and you have to click the 'show all' link to see the rest . The way they are now you have to scroll to get to the submit buttons.... and the quote text thing is out of view...

all minor points... but it would make things function the way I'd like them to :D

The smiley one should be possible via admin functions as the 'show all' link is already there.... then all shouldnt be showing now.. or is that too logical?? I know things rarely work as they should...

the rest probably need some adjustment to the board templates....

Guest .::BeatFactory::.
they're absolutely a waste of front page space

I took them out of the vb skin... it's not hard to take out but it's not much point in doing so if the front page is going to be redesigned real soon...

Umma, I don't know about the navigation links in the pop-up, but I know all the other suggestions you made are changable in our admin panel. Avatars can be reduced in size, images can have a max display in the forums with an option (if the image is larger) to 'click to enlarge', and the max display of smileys is also an option (ie: display max '10' and click 'show all' to see the rest in a pop-up window).

i've thought of prior to and now agree w/all of umma's above, if that makes any dif. (don't mind me right about this time). B)

edit: meant to say 'if that makes any sense' duhhhhhhhhhhhh. :lol:

I took them out of the vb skin... it's not hard to take out but it's not much point in doing so if the front page is going to be redesigned real soon...

Umma, I don't know about the navigation links in the pop-up, but I know all the other suggestions you made are changable in our admin panel. Avatars can be reduced in size, images can have a max display in the forums with an option (if the image is larger) to 'click to enlarge', and the max display of smileys is also an option (ie: display max '10' and click 'show all' to see the rest in a pop-up window).

I guess I just can't find where to affect the smilies.

Aye.

Can't find any of those options.

BF is super duper admin though... he has extra buttons ;)

Then he'd better pull them out. :D

Images now load as thumbnails. All are clickable for the full image, which may break the table. They'll only break the table if you click them though.

I know what he means about changing avatar sizes, but that's not really needed as he said, if we're changing the front page.

Can't find the smilie limits.

yay..... thumbnails will load much faster for slow pokes like me ...

Thanks

how would clicking on it break the table if posting the original massive image didnt??

it's really only the avatars on the front page that are too big... they seem to take up more space there than necessary...

I'm sure you'll find the smiley thing given time..... there's no rush :D

yay..... thumbnails will load much faster for slow pokes like me ...

Thanks

how would clicking on it break the table if posting the original massive image didnt??

it's really only the avatars on the front page that are too big... they seem to take up more space there than necessary...

I'm sure you'll find the smiley thing given time..... there's no rush :D

I meant if the original picture broke the table, they still will if you press the thumbnail. I just tried it and know what you mean now. They load on a seprate page.

Again, I doubt we'll change the avatars. If method can go through the skin and remove them, then groovey. If not, it shouldn't be an issue for that much longer anyway.

Again, I doubt we'll change the avatars. If method can go through the skin and remove them, then groovey. If not, it shouldn't be an issue for that much longer anyway.

It's not really an issue now.... dont worry about it... .it was just a suggestion :D

most smileys open in a diff page now

as for the others... most will be sorted out after the makeover.

Thanks for the suggestions Umma. Nice to see members participate in this

good job

THANK YOU, guys...everything loads much faster now.

we need a crying or sad'er than  :(    smillie

y'mean like this? the designer, being a copyleft type o' dude, made them free for the taking (like the puking smiley and The Finger i posted in other places here). i wish you could see the others he made for us. (white skull, white ghostface, red devilface, one whose expression is saying 'bastards!', a :doh!: (homer) a :mmmm: (marge), a :sorr-rrreee:, a :proud:, a :ripped: (out-of-your-face w/wiggly smile & Xs for eyes) a :fried: & others.

post-19-1080211241.gif

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Most pictures are thumbnailed now... just click on them to see an enlarged original sized version