DJ SP In The Mix Volume One

Sifor

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?djwluwymmma

1. Bass Assasins - Gunclip

2. The Orange - UFO

3. Ferry Corsten - Radio Crash (House Krush Mix)

4. Delicious & Abigail Bailey - Bounce (Original Mix)

5. Yves Murasca - All About House Music (Milk and Sugar Global Mix)

6. Cid Inc. - Knight's Templar (Original Mix)

7. Ratatat - Shempi

Total Play Time: 27:15

Mix Encoded at V2 VBR for optimum quality and size,

I have been building this set for about week. I started with 20 songs and eliminated all the ones that I thought didn't go well. It's a mixture of House and Trance. Anyways, please let me know what you think. I would really appreciate some tips and I don't mind constructive Criticism.

Edited by Sifor

Thanks for the music, Sifor. Obviously a lot of work went into that. I liked some of the more upbeat segments than some of the others, and felt that some of songs needed more editing, but overall felt the mix was well-produced. I will give it another listen over the weekend and see if i can be more specific. I'm not a dj, so my comments are just as a listener.

There is a lot of good work here, but I found myself getting into and then simultaneously turned off by the mix. You have a nice groove going until about 5:30, and then the piece seems to get lost in distortion. It picks back up for me about 9 minutes in, and then seems to fall off for me about somewhere after 10 minutes. At this point, there seems to be a lot of experimentation with rhythmic tools, repetitive notes, distortion, and varying volumes, which seem to play against the overall drive of the piece. I became interested again about 14.30 in, but then got bored with the scaling sequence. I liked the All ABout House Music section, and I think I would probably close with that.

I've mixed music for soundtracks, but never did a straight music mix. But I think if I was going to put one together, I would probably pick a lead track to open with - bring it back in the middle - and the close with it in the end. Another structural variation might be to pick a piece that starts slow and builds, reaching a frenetic pace in the middle, and then slowly receding. In short, I like structure, and I like themes. i do like experimentation - provided it's got a beginning, middle and end I can follow. Something tells me that the mix would be better if you simplify.

I think your mix was probably a good exercise to hone in on your skills. I look forward to hearing the next one.

Thanks for that feed back. I agree with you on it's faults, although the whole fast then slow thing was on purpose. I really like contrast in music. Like something fast and energetic one second and slow, dark and sludgy the next. I get the feeling I am mostly alone in liking that kind of thing. I am working on a new mix now, and I cant decide whether I want it to be a Downtempo Deep House mix or an upbeat Hip-House mix. I will post that when I am done. Thanks so much for your feedback. I can't say enough how thankful I am. :)

My pleasure. I just thought of another piece of advice that i usually give new screenwriters ... study the structure of a dj you like, take notes, and see if you can replicate that style with your music. No use reinventing the wheel :)