2 New AQUASKY Releases OUT NOW!!

daniella downs

SVN016-cropped.jpg

Aquasky feat. Blu Rum 13 - Tell Me You Love It

Check audio clips including the 2 Bad + Slipz and Dapz mixes at the official Passenger shop: aquasky.co.uk/shop

VIP Breaks mix available now only at Beatport (click here)

Aquasky are back and this time the boys have hooked up with Ninja Tune vocalist Blu Rum 13 for some of their genre-hopping bassline madness.

This has the vocal stripped back for maximum club impact and all mixes come with the official Aquasky stamp of originality and madness as expected on one of their own labels, 777 Records (full vocal versions available digitally along with exclusive remixes)

With the 2BAD Mix Aquasky are ripping the classic drumbreaks but adding a little jungalist twist to the end result with a layer of old school memories. From a crew who grew up through the late 80’s rave scene and have been apart of the d&b scene since the beginning of the 90’s, you know they aint going to lose their groove!

The flipside has a more breaksy kinda vibe with a big beat backbone. Full on bass action as always and a perfect accompaniment to any roadtrip or drag race depending on your sensibilities…

Exclusive to the digital release is the ’purely for club’ VIP Breaks mix and a bass monster 4/4 Bassline Niche remix from Nottingham crew SliPZ N DaPZ. And for good measure we have included the rather fat Acid Crunk mix which shows off Blu Rum’s excellent vocal.

M8 magazine review:::: 'Big tune, party, dance, hands in the air for this booty, pumper, genre mash / hook up with Ninja Tunes vocalist .. and yes, I DO LOVE IT.. All mixes defo worth forking your hard earned cash on, plenty of quality Aquasky bass action loads of different mixes.... Aquasky at their best!....'

Beatmonkeys - “Dropped the acid crunk mix and the crowd loved it! Big things from the acid crunk massive!”

Cicada - “Don’t like all breaks- can be a bit dull, but this is great”

Sonny Wharton - “Killer release from one of my fav labels - all mixes rock!!!”

Riva Starr - “Lovin the original”

Lee Mortimer - “Crunk remix is awesome, definitely getting lots of plays from me!”

Ian Pooley - “Old Skool in da House!!! I love it”

Marc Roberts - “Acid crunk mix for me - big, fat and naughty!”

Hexadecimal - “I like the breaks mix”

Francisco Farfa - “2BAD Mix IS A GOOD ONE. SYMPATIC”

And on top of all that - Tell Me You Love It was used on Sky Sports Soccer AM TV program a couple of weeks ago. Take a look!

Tell me you love it is available in these fine shops NOW! All Passenger & 777 releases plus exclusive promos are released first only at the Official Passenger / 777 shop located at aquasky.co.uk/shop

simple-passenger-shop-banner130x54.jpg beatportlogo.jpgdjdownload_logo.jpg beatsdigital_logo.jpg junodownload.jpg

shop.gif

..and also available now is...

SVN017-best-jpeg-from-orig-photo.jpg

Aquasky & Blu Rum 13 - The Hip Hop EP

Audio clips can be found at the official Passenger / 777 shop: aquasky.co.uk/shop

This is a project that Aquasky have been working on behind closed doors for the last year. With a history dripping in hip hop heritage and a passion for all things ‘B-Boy’ the trio of Brent Newitt, Kieron Bailey and Dave Wallace have stepped out of their dance music comfort zone and have approached some of their buddies in the hip hop scene to work with them on an EP of old school proportions with the view of extending this into a full length album featuring a barrage of exclusive and exciting guests.

Blu Rum 13 is better known as the Ninja Tune artist who has worked on some scene-defining moments alongside DJ Vadim. DJ Format is the UK’s answer to DJ Shadow. A beat digger who was a childhood friend of Aquasky’s, his first ever outing on vinyl was back in 1994 on one of Aquasky’s early releases! DJ Woody completes the project with his turntable skillz, previously crowned as the first ever European to become an ITF World DJ Champion and is also the inventor of the ‘woodpecker’ scratch!!!

This is a 5 track EP inspired by years of growing up listening to Arthur Baker, Marley Marl, Dynamix II and Large Professor. A nod to the classic 96 era of DJ Shadow, Jurassic 5 and P*rn Theatre Ushers is also contained. It’s pure, heavyweight funk.

Aquasky have also composed the title music for the forthcoming World IDA DJ Finals that will take place in Warsaw in December. The track features World DMC champion DJ Rafik, previous World DMC Champion PFel, previous World ITF Champion DJ Woody and Poland’s Number One DJ Eprom. The accompanying video will be shown in all major cinemas across Poland for the next 2 months and has been backed and financed by Reebok and Myspace.

Edited by daniella downs