Los Lonely Boys

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Seeing as their debut-CD was released on August 12, 2003, some of you may have heard of this band, but I still think not enough people have...

Los Lonely Boys played here in Austin at the SXSW Music Festival a couple of times and they were incredible! They won lots of awards at the Austin Music Awards on Thursday, March 18, 2004 including Album of the Year, Band of the Year, Best Song of the Year (Heaven), Rock Band of the Year, and Bass Player of the Year. They were just on the cover of the Austin Chronicle

Descriptions

NPR: "Take a dollop of Stevie Ray Vaughan, a pinch of Santana and a helping of Ritchie Valens and you might come up with a band that sounds a lot like Los Lonely Boys. The Austin-based group of Mexican-American brothers also has country music roots and considers Willie Nelson a patron of sorts."

Amazon.com: "California's Los Lobos are the reigning kings of Tex-Mex/Rock Espanol. But this debut CD by the San Angelo, Texas band Los Lonely Boys might herald a changing of the guard. This is truly a band of brothers, led by guitarist/vocalist Henry Garza and his younger, bass-and-drum-playing siblings Jojo and Ringo (no kidding). Like a lot of groups, they had to move away to achieve fame--in their case, to Nashville. But after the release of their EP, Willie Nelson heard them, put them on tour as his opening act, and recorded them at his studio--and the rest may be history. Stylistically, the Garza brothers' bilingual songs about love and life combine Stevie Ray Vaughan blues, Santana-style guitar licks and R&B. Nelson helps out on guitar, with Reese Wynans on keyboards. Produced by Keb Mo and B.B. King producer John Porter, the music is honest, driving, and down home, especially on the organ-filled uptempo tracks "Senorita" and "Tell My Why." The stinging guitar solo on the Afro-anthemic "Onda" recalls the '70s grooves Santana built his chops on, while "The Answer" and "More than Love" are raw power ballads that show off this group's dynamism and diversity. --Eugene Holley, Jr."

VH1.com Feature/Artist Profile

AMAZON.COM CUSTOMER REVIEWS: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/store...glance/-/266251

Download their award winning track entitled "Heaven" here: Download (64 kbps)

Give a listen to "Willie Nelson's favorite band." I can tell your firsthand that this is a must hear CD. I played it from beginning to end without skipping a track :jammintwo: :frog: good job

Take a dollop of Stevie Ray Vaughan, a pinch of Santana and a helping of Ritchie Valens and you might come up with a band that sounds a lot like Los Lonely Boys.

Hmm...that combo sounds pretty hot to me

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like their first single "How Far is Heaven" and it's been playing on the Country Music Television channel. :)

lol...we just got our digital cable installed and as I was surfing the channels, I came upon the same video. As much as I cannot stand country (unless I'm at a bar drinkin' and if I've had enough, dancin'), I was actually a little drawn to the music. I had seen several announcements of them playing in L.A., but that was the extent of it. If I hear anything more (no time right now), I may look into the entire album.

I kept thinking that maybe Santana had a brother that played guitar. Looked like him or Phil Sandoval from Armored Saint.

Not too bad. Not too bad at all. :good job:

Wow I never considered Santana but you are right on about the look alike. They say we have a twin somewhere in the world. :)

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine told me about them......I have seen their video for 'Heaven' a few times...

The more I hear that song the more I like it......and if I remember right, I think they even played some during Super Bowl week here in Houston, TX .....I don't remember much of that week...I put in something like 60something hours that week!!!! It became a blur.....

They have another single out, but I can't remember the song's name at the moment. I didn't really think "country" when I first heard them, but yeah I guess they can be considered that to an extent but I consider them more of some band you'd hear on an alternative station. Nonetheless, the song is good and they are good.

I saw them playing on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno not too long ago, and they crowd really seemed into the song. Anyway, good luck to the guys, they're really cool and down to earth.