Has everyone/anyone here seen...

Shawn

Who has seen this? It was a made-for-TV movie featuring megarockers Kiss. I saw it as a sprout, and tonight got the idea to go looking for it.

I soon found a write-up about it. It's almost as good as being there. I totally need to see this monstrosity again.

Excerpt:

Anyway, the real KISS finally show up and play their first show. They fly down out of the sky shooting fake-looking crap from their eyes, hands, and mouths (I'm not kidding about this part, either) and play "Rock and Roll All Night." There are three songs played pretty much in their entirety during this movie, as can be expected from a movie starring a rock band. Anyway, KISS rocks the park, then go out back to meet their adoring fans.

Melissa, after spending all day wandering around looking for Sam, tries to get back to where KISS is, because, hey, who better to ask about her boyfriend's whereabouts than the rock stars who just flew down out of the sky and played a gig? The cops aren't going to let her in because she's not on the list (Uh, this is KISS we're talking about. Aren't all women allowed backstage?), but then Gene Simmons says "Starchild!" with this weird, reverb and octave effect on his voice, which causes Paul Stanley to shoot red lasers out of his eye that make "pew pew pew" noises and read Melissa's mind. I only wish I were making this up.

So KISS takes Melissa under its wing or something, and they go off somewhere to show her their magical talismans. See, they have four magic talismans that give them special powers. Gene/Demon's special power is to talk with a weird reverb/octave effect and shoot fire from his mouth. Paul/Starchild shoots lasers from his eye that alternately blow things up, read minds, and eavesdrop on conversations. Ace/Space Ace can teleport, squawk annoyingly, and do cartwheels. Peter/Catman can...well, I don't know. I don't think he really did much of anything. This is most likely because Peter was so wasted all the time that he had a hard time showing up for the shoots, and his lines were all so unintelligible that a real actor redubbed all of his lines. Anyway, these magic talismans are the source of KISS's powers -- without them, they're mere mortal rockers. So, naturally, they leave them out in plain sight in a big red box in an unlocked glass case sitting on what appears to be a bean-bag chair. They're trusting in the mystical forcefield to keep them safe or something.

post-59-1079861771_thumb.jpg

If you liked that movie, "Detroit Rock City" should appeal to you also! Actually, I kind of liked it too!

LOL

I don't know. Detroit Rock City doesn't look to have half as much cheesy filling.

I may have saw this as a wee lad also, being the major KISS fan and all. Here's a more colorful review of the film:

http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/kissmeets.html

Notice they mention that the "park" happens to be our beloved Magic Mountain here in So. Cal.