ALBUM REVIEW: Usher - Confessions

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

B0001F7UHA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Artist: Usher

Album: Confessions

Year: 2004

Release Date: March 23, 2004 (USA) ; March 22, 2004 (UK)

March 21, 02:18 AM CST

Written by Nelson Guerrero

BeatKing Rating (5/5) : subs.jpgsubs.jpgsubs.jpgsubs.jpgsubs.jpg

Usher is not new to the R&B scene. With previous hits like "My Way", "Nice & Slow", and "You Make Me Wanna" off of his sophomore release entitled My Way, and other hit singles like "U Got It Bad", "U Don't Have To Call", and "U Remind Me", Usher has high expectations for his upcoming fourth album release. Confessions comes nearly three years after his last album entitled 8701 and his fans are patiently waiting for this album. Fans and new listeners alike will sure not be disappointed with this album as Confessions is one of 25-year-old Usher's greatest as of yet. It is a storytelling album that will play in your mind if you close your eyes and listen to it.

Track by track, BeatKing reveals the truth behind Confessions:

The album contains 17 tracks of which one is an intro and two are interludes. The first track, "Intro", is a mellow intro that incorportates Usher speaking. The second track, "Yeah!", features Ludacris and producer Lil Jon. This was originally intended to be something for club-only play to satisfy Usher's fans but once radio got it on the air, there was no stopping this "crunk R&B" hit, as it is definitely going to be one of 2004's most popular songs. Track 3, called "Throwback", produced by Just Blaze, is a slow song about a man wanting his lady back. Track 4, called "Confessions (Interlude)" is a lead-up short song that flows directly into track 5 called "Confessions Part II". Track 5 is definitely hit-single material, and the reality of the song will send chills through you as you listen to the song. It is a song about a male who accidently impregnated his ex-girlfriend and how he has to tell his current love. Track 6, called "Burn" is already out on the airwaves as the follow up single to "Yeah!". It is a slow, mellow ballad about letting go of a love even though the two never want the relationship to end, but the two must "let it burn" as the song says. It is a strong song that will surely top R&B charts. Track 7, entitled "Caught Up" is another song that will more than likely be released as a single. It is a nice-paced song about a man who is "caught up" in his relationship and is definitely worth a listen. Track 8, "Superstar (interlude)" is another slow, smooth interlude that leads up to track 9 entitled "Superstar". Track 9 is a slow song about the singer's "number one" person. The slow love song puts his lady at the top of every list and calls her a "superstar". Track 10, called "Truth Hurts" is a song that let's out the singer's feelings; feelings that every man could feel, but doesn't necessarily express. Track 11, entitled "Simple Things" is not about Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton, but about the little things in life that we love the most about our significant other. This song has the catchiness to become a single soon. "Bad Girl", track 12, is a nice slow song with an electronic guitar incorporated lightly and smoothly into the song. Track 13, "That's What It's Made For" is a nice slow song that anyone can identify with about what most slow songs are about: sex. It is a very smooth, love making song. Track 14, called "Can U Handle It?" is a song that sounds like an older R&B track that is seamless in its delivery. Track 15, "Do It To Me" is another song like track 14 in that it will remind you of songs from the past as it takes an easy beat and rhythm and creates musical magic much like a track from Marvin Gaye. Track 16 called "Take Your Hand" is a hip-hop sounding track that is blended together with an R&B type of soulful delivery. Track 17, entitled "Follow Me" is a slow song that will immediately get you moving and swaying to the rhythm of the music. Surely, it is a song that will put a smile on your face.

The "U" Usher must stand for unique because this album is definitely one of a kind. Take my advice and somehow acquire this album, because if you purchase it, it will truly be money well spent.

Current singles include: "Yeah!" and "Burn"

BeatKing predicted future singles: "Confessions Part II", "Caught Up", "That's What It's Made For"

• 3 months later...

i rekon confessions is a pretty good album. ive heard better but wacha gonna do:P Burn is my fav song on tha album, tha other nite i had it on repeat for like 3 hours:P pretty sad. :wub: